Re: Officejet Pro X476 print envelopes from Word (422 Views)
Occasional Visitor
tonypf
Message 1 of 5 (520 Views)

Officejet Pro X476 print envelopes from Word

From Word, I want to print a #10 envelope from tray 1 and the letter (8.5x11) from tray 2.  These 2 documents are in the same file in word.  

I tried to print:  Print/Properties/Printing Shortcuts/EnvelopeTray1 which is saved with following parameters:

Paper size:         Envelope #10

Paper Source:   Manual Feed in Tray 1

Paper type:       Envelope

Color Options:  Color

Then select OK and OK.  On computer screen I get a job cancellation notice with a Paper Type mismatch.  On X476 screen I get a Tray 2 Paper Type Mismatch, job cancelled.

I never had a problem printing using a Xerox Phaser 8550.  This HP printer setup doesn't appear to do what the screens say it should be doing.  

1)  How do I get it to print the envelope from tray 1?

2)  Can it be setup to print the envelope in tray 1 and the letter in tray 2?

Honored Contributor
John Getzke
Message 2 of 5 (461 Views)

Re: Officejet Pro X476 print envelopes from Word

Your printer is prompting you for paper in Tray 2 because the properties of the document do not match the properties of your Manual Feed Tray 1.  Id suggest modifying the page setup of the Word Document so that it is sent to the printer as an Envelope #10 document. 

Once you have the job and printer tray properties configured correctly then make sure your paper guides on the tray are snug against the sides of the enelope.  Any mismatches between the paper guides and the properties of the document will fire a mismatch and force teh printer to look for the next available tray.

If push comes to shove restore the configuration of Tray one back to Any/Any.  send the job to the printer and when the printer detects no available matching trays it will send the job to try 1 automatically.  Make sure the envelopes are preloaded and it should print them off with no problems.

Kudo's appreciated : ) (The purple thumbs up)
Occasional Visitor
rfvtgb
Message 3 of 5 (439 Views)

Thanks.  I've tried every combination I can think of.  The envelope is in Tray, letterhead in Tray 2.  Attached are some screen shots.  1st one is actual Word document.   In Word Page Layout/Size set to envelope for the envelope and letter for the letter.

In Print/Properties I've tried just about every Paper Source option and still get a Tray 2 Paper Type Mismatch error message.  Paper Type set to Envelope.

Occasional Visitor
rfvtgb
Message 4 of 5 (436 Views)

I forgot the attachment.  Here it is.

Honored Contributor
John Getzke
Message 5 of 5 (422 Views)

The error message is complaining about the paper type of the document.  If your printer is not responding to the "Envelope" paper type then swap it out with another that is accepted.  Using the plain paper type on the printer should be fine, you can always change the paper type to Any Type too.

If that doesnt work then you may need to restore the defaults on your MS Word or recreate the document.  You can run a repair on MS Office by navigating to Programs and Features, highlighting Office and then clicking the Change button along the top toolbar.  Once the change wizard appears select the Repair option and reboot when it is complete.

Kudo's appreciated : ) (The purple thumbs up)
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.