Officejet Pro 8500: Image not on Fax Send Report (3002 Views)
Occasional Contributor
cabinets105
Message 1 of 6 (3,002 Views)
Accepted Solution

Officejet Pro 8500: Image not on Fax Send Report

Note at bottom of Report says:

An image of page 1 will appear here for faxes that are sent as Scan and Fax.

I have the image setting set to ON. How do I "scan and fax?" Thought I was doing that already.

Please use plain text.
HP Pro
MTracy
Message 2 of 6 (2,965 Views)

Re: Officejet Pro 8500: Image not on Fax Send Report

First of all, I would like to apologise for the delay in the reply. I hope that I'm still able to help you get this resolved today.

The image on your fax send report is merely an option you have the choice of selecting. It's not strickly needed in order to send or receive anything. In fact, you can turn the report off completely if you wish. Make sure that the option is on by the following steps, and make sure that you push OK at the end to save the choice if you've made any changes.

1. At the top of the display on your printer, press the setup button (the one that kind of looks like a little wrench)
2. Press the right arrow button until you get "Print Report" (although it may already be on that option, in which case you can just push OK right away), and press the OK button
3. Press the right arrow button until you get "Image on Fax Send." and press the OK button
4. Select the ON option.

If you are sending a color fax, I think I may have heard that the image may not show, but I would have to do some research before confirming that. As long as you aren't having any trouble with the actual sending and receiving of faxes, then most likely there isn't anything wrong with the printer istelf, but could just be something that we need to adjust. If checking those doesn't correct the issue, then I'd be happy to help you look into this further.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
cabinets105
Message 3 of 6 (2,890 Views)

Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
OuthouseMouse
Message 4 of 6 (2,004 Views)

I followed these steps, however on the Fax Confirmation Report, under the heading "NOTE:" where normally the fax image would appear, there is a statement that says "Image on Fax Send Report is set to On.  An image of page 1 will appear here for faxes that are sent as Scan and Fax."  There is, of course, no image.

Please use plain text.
HP Pro
MTracy
Message 5 of 6 (1,998 Views)

What type of fax are you trying to send? A color fax, or a black and white fax?
Are you able to fax successfully, or are you also having trouble with that?

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Kunuklehead
Message 6 of 6 (1,242 Views)

I have tried this and the image is still not on the paper. Only the text that says image should be here and if it is set to On.
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation