Officejet J4550 All-in-One paper jam message with no paper jamming (632 Views)
Occasional Visitor
ntgd83
Message 1 of 4 (632 Views)

Officejet J4550 All-in-One paper jam message with no paper jamming

I have been using this J4550 printer fine for 2 years. One day, I accidentally tried to print some image in photo format, after that the printer will issue paper jam every time when I powered on my printer. The paper fed through half way and stopped there with no print starting. The display read "Paper Jam". I followed HP suggestion to clear/clean the feeder/roller in the front and back and the problem persists.

I think that I might have switch the printer to print some photo format and the printer needs to switch back to print paper format. The warrenty expired and it is a pity to throw away a seemingly goog printer.

HP Pro
HP Pro
V2
Message 2 of 4 (628 Views)

Re: Officejet J4550 All-in-One paper jam message with no paper jamming

Hi

Hope this video will help solve your problem

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Other-printing-questions/Paper-Jam-videos/m-p/331916/highlight/true#M22...

Search for 4550 in the above post, and watch the video.

Occasional Visitor
ntgd83
Message 3 of 4 (625 Views)

I tried this zillion times and still cannot resolve the problem. Please note that, it gives me this false paper jam error message right after powering up.

Occasional Visitor
ntgd83
Message 4 of 4 (609 Views)

The so-called HP experts are useless. May be there is a conspiracy that HP printer going bad after the warranty expires. May be a built-in timer that ticks off!

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.