Officejet 9110 out of control aligning printhead message (756 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Sean Pavlich
Message 1 of 9 (756 Views)

Officejet 9110 out of control aligning printhead message

My officejet 9110 is continually running the aligning printhead program and only stops if I run out of paper or I turn off the machine. Any suggestions?
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Lynn Hannan
Message 2 of 9 (756 Views)

Re: Officejet 9110 out of control aligning printhead message

I am having the same problem. It doesn't stop. This is our 3rd replacement machine.
Please let me know if you hear of a solution to this problem. The one that did work, we could not receive faxes from certain area codes. Would just keep printing page 1 over and over again. Can't get that problem solved either.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Sean Pavlich
Message 3 of 9 (756 Views)

My 9110 has worked flawlessly for 1 1/2 to 2 years, but I was having problems with the color printing, I think the printheads were clogged, so I had tried cleaning them a couple times, I started to get this "aligning printheads" message that wont stop. It prints the page over and over and won't stop unless I turn the machine off. I suspect that I need to replace the printheads completely and hope that will work. I am waiting for those to arrive and see if that helps. If anyone has any other ideas, I would appreciate it.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
michael touby
Message 4 of 9 (756 Views)

I am also having the same problem, with my Officejet 9120, however, mine started happening right after I upgraded the firmware. I upgraded the firmware because My HP Director stopped functioning after I upgraded Internet Explorer to version 7.0. After I uninstalled 7.0 and rolled back to 6, i still have been unable to get HP Director to work, or it will only have a few icons, such as "Software Update" and "HP Gallery", and also there is no fax driver installed.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
michael touby
Message 5 of 9 (756 Views)

I have just resolved my issue with the assistance of online chat support (thank you HP).

First, We printed a configuration page. This step may be unnecessary but I am including it so the Mojo is equal:

1. Press Menu button on the control panel. 2. Press the + or â buttons to go to the PRINT REPORT menu.
3. Press Up or Down buttons to reach the Device config. option.
4. Press Select button to print the Configuration page.

How do you accomplish this task if your machine does not want to stop printing out alignment pages? It's a bit tricky but this is how: Get the menu screen ready to go for you to select (Menu > down arrow to 1. Print Report > checkmark > down arrow to Device Config > checkmark > print device> checkmark to accept (it will tell you that a job is going and to wait)

Now you press the Red STOP button, it will ask you if want to cancel the print job, say yes, and then the screen will come back with your Print Report command ready to enter again. Go ahead and rapidly accept the command and it will print the rport.

Then, you will notice the unit will go to idle and wil say "Ready" like it is supposed to.

Then, power down the unit. Wait 1 minute, and restart the unit. It will again start to print out an alignment page.

Now , follow the same instructions used to print the report, but instead manually request a printhead alignment.

1. On the Control Panel, press Menu button. 2. Press + or - buttons to go to the â MAINTENANCEâ menu, and press the Select button. 3. Press Up or Down buttons to reach â Align printheadsâ option and press Select button.

Use the same trick described above to accomplish this feat.

Then download the patch found here:

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software4/COL4502/dj-15260-4/9100DirPatch.exe

Once the file is downloaded to a new folder you can easily locate (such as in My Documents - and you can call it "HP patch")run the file (9100DirPatch.exe) pick a location to unzip the patch files.

1. Double-click the 9100dir folder.
2. Double-click the folder Fix2.
3. Double-click the Run.exe file to run the patch file.
4. Restart the PC after installation completes

All should be well after this, at least it was for me. It brought back all icons in HP director and all functionality, and it stopped printing out alignment pages.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
greg schultz
Message 6 of 9 (756 Views)

Excellent. It worked for me also!!!
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
KEITH ENGLAND
Message 7 of 9 (756 Views)

This solution worked for me, too.

Thanks, Michael.

Keith England
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Stud Brown
Message 8 of 9 (756 Views)

I tried it and it didn't work for me.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Yulia Rodriguez
Message 9 of 9 (756 Views)

After 3 hours of fighting with my 9110 printer, I've tried this advice. And thank you, heavens! It worked, but I had to reboot my PC twice!

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation