12-15-2006 05:40 PM
12-16-2006 12:50 PM
Please let me know if you hear of a solution to this problem. The one that did work, we could not receive faxes from certain area codes. Would just keep printing page 1 over and over again. Can't get that problem solved either.
12-18-2006 04:54 AM
12-20-2006 10:49 AM
12-21-2006 02:25 AM
First, We printed a configuration page. This step may be unnecessary but I am including it so the Mojo is equal:
1. Press Menu button on the control panel. 2. Press the + or â buttons to go to the PRINT REPORT menu.
3. Press Up or Down buttons to reach the Device config. option.
4. Press Select button to print the Configuration page.
How do you accomplish this task if your machine does not want to stop printing out alignment pages? It's a bit tricky but this is how: Get the menu screen ready to go for you to select (Menu > down arrow to 1. Print Report > checkmark > down arrow to Device Config > checkmark > print device> checkmark to accept (it will tell you that a job is going and to wait)
Now you press the Red STOP button, it will ask you if want to cancel the print job, say yes, and then the screen will come back with your Print Report command ready to enter again. Go ahead and rapidly accept the command and it will print the rport.
Then, you will notice the unit will go to idle and wil say "Ready" like it is supposed to.
Then, power down the unit. Wait 1 minute, and restart the unit. It will again start to print out an alignment page.
Now , follow the same instructions used to print the report, but instead manually request a printhead alignment.
1. On the Control Panel, press Menu button. 2. Press + or - buttons to go to the â MAINTENANCEâ menu, and press the Select button. 3. Press Up or Down buttons to reach â Align printheadsâ option and press Select button.
Use the same trick described above to accomplish this feat.
Then download the patch found here:
Once the file is downloaded to a new folder you can easily locate (such as in My Documents - and you can call it "HP patch")run the file (9100DirPatch.exe) pick a location to unzip the patch files.
1. Double-click the 9100dir folder.
2. Double-click the folder Fix2.
3. Double-click the Run.exe file to run the patch file.
4. Restart the PC after installation completes
All should be well after this, at least it was for me. It brought back all icons in HP director and all functionality, and it stopped printing out alignment pages.
02-03-2009 05:35 PM