Officejet 9110 locked scanner (836 Views)
Occasional Visitor
CA1464082
Message 1 of 9 (836 Views)

Officejet 9110 locked scanner

I am getting an error message that the scanner is locked and to unlock the scanner and restart. The scanner lock switch doesn't move all the way to the lock selection and when I move it as far as it will go and restart I get the same message.
Occasional Visitor
Thomas Nee
Message 2 of 9 (836 Views)

Re: Officejet 9110 locked scanner

I am experiencing the same symptoms. The lock switch is in the UNLOCKED position but I get "Scanner error", "Scanner Locked. Press ? for help." The unit is just out of warranty. HP support chat wants me to pay $25 to troubleshoot. Is the unit dead?
Occasional Visitor
CA1464082
Message 3 of 9 (836 Views)

My unit is out of warranty also and they told me the same, $25 to trouble shoot. The printer still works.
Occasional Visitor
Marissa Johnson-Howell
Message 4 of 9 (836 Views)

I have the exact same problem you have and I am getting nowhere. It is especially fystratiing to me as i am loosing income because of it.
Occasional Visitor
Marissa Johnson-Howell
Message 5 of 9 (836 Views)

I have the exact same problem you have and I am getting nowhere. It is especially fustrating to me as i am loosing income because of it.
Occasional Visitor
Mary Flanagan
Message 6 of 9 (836 Views)

I had the same problem. Web said my scanner was out of warranty and it would be $25.00. According to them it may have been out of warranty but I bought it in June 2006. He said he would help me at no charge.
He said to unload and reload the drivers.
I didn't. I went to the HP site and found a place where it will check for up to date drivers. It said I needed an update and it downloaded it to my tmp file. When I rebotted the scanner asked for directions to the file. Just load it in and it was fine. Unbelieveable but true. I have my scanner working again. Good luck
Occasional Visitor
Barb Kinzer
Message 7 of 9 (836 Views)

I get the same message and our switch won't move all the way either. This unit is out of warranty and I was told I could do tech support for 5 days for $39. Or trade in for a like new unit for $252 with a 90 day warranty or pay $510 for a unit that doesn't even print in color. I have installed all of the new HP updates and restarted and still it is locked up.
Occasional Visitor
Joe Spinello
Message 8 of 9 (836 Views)

I am experiencing the same problem. Nothing seems to move the lock/unlock lever far enough to effect change.
Frequent Advisor
RLS MDOT
Message 9 of 9 (745 Views)

Probably too late to be useful to you, but I had the same issue with one of our 9130's and found this solution which worked for me:

Tech Support Forum

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.