Officejet 8500A910 - Not printing entire jobs (131 Views)
Highlighted
Occasional Collector
Message 1 of 1 (131 Views)

Officejet 8500A910 - Not printing entire jobs

Wierd problem with our offcejet. One of the windows 7 laptops in our house is failing to print all pages of each print job. If the job is graphics heavy, we may get a partial print of the final page. If the job is mainly text, we will be missing the last few pages.

This indicates that the final "buffer full" of data is not being printed/sent to printer. This laptop had been printing fine up to about 5 days ago. Another windows 7 laptop is still working well, but is rarely logged in as an administrator, so updates have been postponed.

Using the same test file, I am able to print succesfully from Mac OSX and Ubuntu/Linux machines. Also from the other Windows 7 machine.

My suspicion is that a recent update to either windows or the hp printer software has broken things. I can't find any "version" or "about" option on the HP software to compare it between macines.

Any ideas/help?

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.