Officejet 7000 - Paper size does not match printer and will not print (7840 Views)
Occasional Visitor
franniegirl
Message 1 of 16 (7,840 Views)
Accepted Solution

Officejet 7000 - Paper size does not match printer and will not print

I cannot print a InDesign or Word document to a larger sized paper in the printer.

Example: My document size is "legal" and I would like to print it out on 12 x 18 paper so I can see crop marks:

I keep getting this message.

"The paper size selected in the printer driver software does not match the paper size in the printer tray"

Please help! 

Please use plain text.
HP Pro
MTracy
Message 2 of 16 (7,820 Views)

Re: Officejet 7000 - Paper size does not match printer and will not print

Make sure the paper is within the supported size and weight. If you're trying to print on 4 by 6 paper, there should already be an option within the driver to auto select that paper size. If you're choosing a different size or rounding, the printer is looking for the size paper entered rather than what may actually be in there.

Usually this has to do with the program you're printing from.  Make sure that your Page Setup is correct and the size of the document on the screen is set for the same size of the paper you'd be printing to. Then when you go to print, that the print job says to use a custom size, or to choose one from the list that may match.  In Windows, you often have to set both.

If that doesn't work, try looking at the paper handling specifications in the link below. 12 by 18 isn't on the supported size list, but there are a couple ones close, so make sure you're choosing the right size as well, and if you need to reference what does work, please feel free to check out that page.

I hope this helps.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01762009&tmp_task=prodinfoCategory&lc=en&dlc=en...

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
franniegirl
Message 3 of 16 (7,817 Views)

I am able to print as long as the document size matches the paper size in the tray. But I want to print a document in which the paper size is larger. I should be able to do that. I have before.

I am using a Mac and the officejet 7000 is a wide format printer that supports up to 13 x 19 paper.

(E809A - Model number)

Please use plain text.
HP Pro
MTracy
Message 4 of 16 (7,811 Views)

Try the following steps then, and see if you're able to make the adjustments from there. The most important of course is to pay attention to step 10, as that seems to be the one that might be getting overlooked.

To print on special or custom-sized media (Mac OS X)

1. Load the appropriate media.

2. On the File menu, click Page Setup. (Some Mac OS X 10.5 applications do not have a Page Setup menu, instead the information is included in the Print menu)

3. Verify that you have selected your Officejet 7000 to print to.

4. Select the media size of the paper.

5. To set a custom media size:

a. Click Manage Custom Sizes in the Paper Size pull-down menu.

b. Click New and type a name for the size in the Paper Size Name box.

c. (Optional) In the Width and Height boxes, type the dimensions and set the

margins, if desired.

d. Click Done or OK, and then click Save.

6. On the File menu, click Page Setup, and then select the new custom size.

(Some Mac OS X (v10.5) applications do not have a Page Setup menu,

Instead the information is included in the Print menu.)

7. Click OK.

8. On the File menu, click Print.

9. Open the Paper Handling panel.

10. Under Destination Paper Size, click the Scale to fit paper size tab, and then select

the customized paper size.

11. Change any other settings, and then click OK or Print.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
franniegirl
Message 5 of 16 (7,795 Views)

so it works but there are some quality issues, etc.  I have to fake a couple settings to get it to print with crops. I haven't tested the size and the bleeds, etc. but at least now I am able to print it on the larger format.

It shouldn't have been so hard as this is a printer that is meant to do this kind of thing. I am welcoming any more solutions, however I appreciate your help - thank you!

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
vatakice
Message 6 of 16 (7,213 Views)

[ Edited ]

I have the same problem with printing larger size of paper. I want to print custom paper size like 33x80cm, but PAPER HANDLING panel does not find my custom saved size in PAGE SETUP, so I get supported sizes only.

I'm using MAC OS X 10.5.8 and officejet 7000

I attached the print screen

thank you

Please use plain text.
HP Pro
MTracy
Message 7 of 16 (7,176 Views)

When you went through the process of creating your custom size, did you name it anything in particular? I would recommend going through that process again just to make sure you've titled it something you will remember, and see if it shows on the list after that. Let me know if you have any trouble, or with any additional screen shots you would like me to take a look at.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
pippylay
Message 8 of 16 (7,009 Views)

Hi,

I have recently purchased this printer also and would like to print a long document. I have gone through the process suggested in this thread, but have the same trouble. I get to the stage of destination paper size, but it doesnt have my customized paper size.

I bought this printer to print longer formats as it is vital for my course, so im starting to worry now.
Please use plain text.
HP Pro
MTracy
Message 9 of 16 (7,003 Views)

What kind of paper size are you attempting to print on? As long as it is a type that printer will support, then you will most likely have to add a custom size of your own when attempting to print. You will need to make sure the page layout of the document you are trying to print matches that size as well so there is no mismatch error messages. If you continue to have trouble, please reply to this with any error messages or paper sizes, as well as the program and Operating System you are on so I can give you detailed instructions from there.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
pippylay
Message 10 of 16 (6,999 Views)

The document i want to print is the same width as a3 (297mm) but double the length (840mm) i was hoping it would feed through like a roll print.

im using mac snow leopard, and using indesign to print my document.

Please use plain text.
HP Pro
MTracy
Message 11 of 16 (6,624 Views)

Have you tried adding your own custom size already, and then ssaving?

a. Click Manage Custom Sizes in the Paper Size pull-down menu.

b. Click New and type a name for the size in the Paper Size Name box.

c. (Optional) In the Width and Height boxes, type the dimensions and set the

margins, if desired.

d. Click Done or OK, and then click Save.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
pippylay
Message 12 of 16 (6,622 Views)

Yeah I tried all of that.

It just dont want to let me do it.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
aqualiscious
Message 13 of 16 (6,542 Views)

Thank you for taking the time in spelling out the process. My problem is that at step 10, I don't get the option to select the custom paper size I just created. Regardless of the size or name of the custom size, the only options given are the default system sizes. 

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
shaneharman
Message 14 of 16 (3,336 Views)

I am having the same trouble.

I am trying to print a borderless a3 drawing from autocad however the printer doesnt always let me choose the correct paper size (borderless a3) even though it support it ???

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
msmickelsen
Message 15 of 16 (1,913 Views)

My new officejet 7000 printed for a while on 8.5 x 11 paper.  I tried to print an envelop and it wouldn't work.  It says "Media Mismatch" and then refuses to do anything else.  Nothing that I do seems to make the slightest difference.  I bought this printer so I could print on many different sizes of paper, so this is not good.  Can someone help me to fix the "Media MIsmatch" so I can print on other sizes of paper, and on envelops?  I'm running it on a PC which is running Windows 7 64-bit.  Is there a manual for the 7000, maybe online?  This is getting to be a major problem.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
msmickelsen
Message 16 of 16 (1,912 Views)

This solution tells how to solve the problem on a Mac.  I'm running a PC with windows 7-64bit.  Can someone give me a solution to works on PC's?

Thanks

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation