OfficeJet Pro x476dw MFP switching trays problem and Win7 driver issue (130 Views)
Occasional Visitor
TachyonOne
Message 1 of 2 (130 Views)

OfficeJet Pro x476dw MFP switching trays problem and Win7 driver issue

The print driver that ships with this unit won't work reliably (jobs disappear or a system error message would pop up) on an otherwise perfectly operating computer.  I fixed that by loading the universal print driver.  Now it prints every time, but...

It won't utilize tray 1 to print labels unless I remove all paper from the main drawer.  Even though the user is correctly selecting tray 1 for the print job.  Then once you've printed to tray 1, it won't switch back to the main drawer until after a power-cycle of the printer.

Anyone else having similiar issues and found a solution?

Thanks...

Please use plain text.
HP Pro
Askme
Message 2 of 2 (117 Views)

Re: OfficeJet Pro x476dw MFP switching trays problem and Win7 driver issue

Generally paper size and type mismatch in the printer hardware configuration and the one which is requested by application/driver is the cause of such errors.

As a basic step, please configure paper trays for correct paper size and type and select the same size and type from printing preferences while printing.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as Accepted Solution
Click the Kudos star if this was helpful. Thank You!

(Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP)
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation