Re: OfficeJet 7210 = reset firmware for use with US cartridges? (305 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Guy Vancollie
Message 1 of 3 (378 Views)

OfficeJet 7210 = reset firmware for use with US cartridges?

After many emails I can't get this issue resolved through email support, here the problem:

--> we bought the OfficeJet 7210 in the US ... where it of course worked with local US cartridges

--> in 2005 we relocated to Belgium (Europe) ... when replacing empty cartridges the OfficeJet did not recognize the locally available ones in Belgium and I had to contact HP Support in Belgium to obtain new firmware which I had to download to the OfficeJet to have it recognize and work with the local Belgian (european) cartridges

--> we just moved back to the US and the OfficeJet does not recognize cartridges bought locally here in the US

SOLUTION: the solution is quite simple ... I need to replace the current firmware which recognizes and works with the european cartridges, with the firmware which recognizes and works with the US cartridges!
The problem so far is that HP email support proposes all kinds of things (eg providing the drivers for the laptop) ... but does not seem able to just simple provide me with the required firmware.

Anybody able to help here???
Many thanks in advance,
Guy
Occasional Visitor
huynguyen
Message 2 of 3 (368 Views)

Re: OfficeJet 7210 = reset firmware for use with US cartridges?

Hi Guy
You need to contact HP Helpdesk support. They will help to reset the printer region

1. Press * and # simultaneously, then release both buttons.
2. Press 1, 2, then 3. The Service menu appears.
3. Press the right arrow twice. The Special Reports menu opens.
4. Press OK.
5. Press the right arrow once. The Print Cartridge menu opens.
6. Press OK. The 10-Tap test prints.
7. Provide them the value of the test print and they will guide you to do next.

Hope it will help.
Bitterbuds
Occasional Visitor
jpcalif
Message 3 of 3 (305 Views)

Re: OfficeJet 7210 = reset firmware for use with US cartridges?

Hello I have the same issue.

I bring the printer from the US and now I can't use FR cartridges (338)Black

How can i change the US firmware to an FR?

Thank you.

Jean-Paul

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.