OfficeJet 4500 G510 and MAC OSX problem! (3681 Views)
Highlighted
Occasional Visitor
Message 1 of 1 (3,681 Views)

OfficeJet 4500 G510 and MAC OSX problem!

Hello,

I've recently bought a HP OfficeJet 4500 and I'm having problems to complete the driver and software installation on Mac OSX 10.6.8.

The installation CD does not work neither on the Mac nor on the other pcs so I had to download the OSX driver from the HP website (OJ4500vG510a-f_Mac.dmg).

During the installation, the procedure is not able to recognize the device and I have to manually insert the model name (the device is ON and the USB cable is connected to the MAC). After the installation, I'm not able to perform the configuration procedure since software installation is not still able to recognize my device.

In particular, I need to configure the Wi-Fi connection and to specify the password in order to use the OfficeJet wireless.

When I plug the USB cable, my MAC is able to recognize the printer in fact it starts the software update utility, but the HP software installation does not found the printer so I can't complete the installation.

Can you help me, please?

(the printer works fine on Windows pcs)

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.