No scan options in Solution Centre - OJP L7590 (410 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Matt.Walker
Message 1 of 4 (410 Views)

No scan options in Solution Centre - OJP L7590

I'm having a nightmare with this printer.

Up until a last week the printer worked perfectly and i was able to scan and use all the features from my desktop using the Solution Centre. However, the Digital Imaging Monitor began to play up and refused to close or initialize on start up which slowed the PC down to a crawl. I un-installed the software and reinstalled it which is when my problem started.

Although the Digital Imaging Software now initializes, the software appears to install and the printer its self works there are now no options at all in the Solution Centre for Scanning. I can not change scanning options either. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the software many times now and tried to clear my system of all HP software etc using the guides left by people in a similar situation but i'm still stuck without Scan options.

However, according to the printer, i am logged into it and am listed as a PC that i can scan to. Trying to scan to my PC does nothing though... What's more frustrating is the fact that i have had it working and my colleague (who have yet to uninstall the software) are still able to scan from their desktop...

I'm using XP Pro and SP3 installed. It's uptodate with windows updates.

Any help would be gratefully appreciated!

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Rob Gosiewski
Message 2 of 4 (410 Views)

Re: No scan options in Solution Centre - OJP L7590

Yeah, this machine is pretty terrible. It worked a few times scanning to a thumb drive, now: "memory device error"

So I installed the software and networked the machine and got 4 sets of scans to work that way, now: "no scan options" ...

Don't even think about calling for help either - what a joke!!!

Wish I could help, but I've got the same pile of s**t on my desk too.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Matt.Walker
Message 3 of 4 (410 Views)

Excellent - glad i'm not alone. I have tried phone support and spent a lovely afternoon (a good couple of hours) uninstalling and reinstalling various levels of software before getting back to square one. Although i got nowhere the gentleman i was talking to was pleasant enough so no complaints there...

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
jcrich818
Message 4 of 4 (410 Views)

I had the same experience with my AIO L7590. I scoured this forum and others searching for a solution, and I believe I finally resolved my problem.

When prompted to plug the USB cable into the printer I opted to continue without letting the install program communicate with the device. The installation completed without errors. I rebooted my machine then plugged in the printer. Windows recognized the new hardware device and I haven't had any problems since. Give this approach a try. Good luck.

My OS is Win XP SP3.
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation