No Paper Pickup on HP LaserJet 3050 All-In-One (18152 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Fotis Tsonis
Message 1 of 22 (18,152 Views)

No Paper Pickup on HP LaserJet 3050 All-In-One

I had a very small paperjam the other day. Paper came out easily. However, I am now getting a 'no paper pickup' error message on the printer and I can't seem to get rid of it. I've tried everything..reinstalling software, unplugging, checking all the paper feeders and rollers..nothing seems to work. I've only had this printer for 5 months..not very happy. Has anyone else had this problem? Any help?
HP Pro
Raghu K   Russel
Message 2 of 22 (18,152 Views)

Re: No Paper Pickup on HP LaserJet 3050 All-In-One

The product has failed to pick up a piece of
media.

Verify that the media was inserted far enough
into the input tray. In tray 1, verify that the paper-length guide is in the correct position for the media size that you are using.

Reload the media in the input tray and press
OK to continue the job.

If issue still persist,

1. Remove all paper from the input tray.
2. Open and close the door.
3. Reinsert the paper into the input tray.
4. Powercycle (power off, remove all the cables and power on after 3 minutes) the printer.
Thank you!

I am an HP Employee.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as Accepted Solution.
Click the Kudos star if this was helpful. Thank You!
Occasional Visitor
Fotis Tsonis
Message 3 of 22 (18,152 Views)

I've tried all that....did it again. Still not working. I've read on some other boards that people are having the same issue with this printer..but haven't heard of a fix, other than taking it in for service...
HP Pro
Raghu K   Russel
Message 4 of 22 (18,152 Views)

Fotis, please clean the rollers of the trays also by opening the front of the printer.

Also plaese slide the media guides against the sides of the stack in the feeder tray to center the media. Make sure that the guides are not adjusted too tightly.
Thank you!

I am an HP Employee.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as Accepted Solution.
Click the Kudos star if this was helpful. Thank You!
Occasional Visitor
Lee Whitehead
Message 5 of 22 (18,152 Views)

I am experiencing the same problem with no success clearing out the error message. Has anyone had any success with this?
Occasional Visitor
Scott Pike
Message 6 of 22 (18,152 Views)

I am having similiar problem. Mine is under warranty and I still have not heard about my replacement. Not happy either. I will retry all suggestions again. I am dumbfounded.
Occasional Visitor
Larry Miles
Message 7 of 22 (18,152 Views)

Say, I have a hp2480 all-in-one printer. It will not upload the paper from the feeder tray. Nothing seem to be turning, any suggestion. Please email me back. calcasieu_youth@bellsouth.net : Thanks Miles
Occasional Visitor
Fotis Tsonis
Message 8 of 22 (18,152 Views)

None of this has worked for me either. Not happy.
Occasional Visitor
chrislewisaia
Message 9 of 22 (18,152 Views)

I, TOO, RECEIVED THE "NO PAPER PICKUP" ERROR MESSAGE. AFTER WASTING OVER 45 MINUTES OF MY TIME ON THE PHONE WITH TECH SUPPORT, I WAS TOLD THAT I HAVE TO EITHER PAY TO HAVE MY MACHINE SHIPPED IN FOR SERVICE (MEANING NO FAX, PRINTER OR SCANNER FOR MY BUSINESS FOR +/- TWO WEEKS) OR I COULD PAY THEM $50 AND THEY WOULD SEND ME "REFURBISHED" MACHINE THE NEXT DAY. SO, EVEN THOUGH I'VE DONE NOTHING WRONG, IT'S GOING TO COST ME EITHER $$$ OR LOTS OF TIME, TO RECTIFY THE PROBLEM.
Occasional Visitor
Lee Whitehead
Message 10 of 22 (18,152 Views)

I finally took my HP LaserJet 3050 in for service and was told the motherboard had failed. I ended replacing with a new HP 7500 Inkjet that I got at Costco for a fraction of what it would have cost to repair the laserjet.
Occasional Visitor
Brigid Huber
Message 11 of 22 (17,809 Views)

I have the same error on my 3050 and cannot even get at the rollers to check them. Did you have to take apart the back? My paper tray does not seem to come out.
Did anyone ever get a solution to this paper pickup error?
Occasional Visitor
Joe Capellini
Message 12 of 22 (17,809 Views)

I have the same problem, and my printer is 13 months old, just beyond the warranty date. This is an outrage. Has anyone gotten any satisfaction from HP about this problem?
Occasional Visitor
Fotis Tsonis
Message 13 of 22 (17,809 Views)

I must say that I have lost a lot of respect for HP over this. They refused to help or acknowledge this as an issue. My printer was only a few months old when it stopped working. I've spoken to a dozen other people with the same problem on this printer and nobody was able to get a resolution...bye bye !!!
Occasional Visitor
Vladan Trifunovic
Message 14 of 22 (17,809 Views)

I had the same problem and almost gave up after reading all the other posts. Since I had nothing to lose, I started to dis assemble the back of the printer. There is a blue cover held on by two screws, I believe it is a tensioner of sorts( sorry I don't know how else to describe it). When I removed it I noticed that the spring loaded center tab was stuck, I freed it by pressing it down gently and reinstalled it. It fixed the problem. I also found about a .25 sq of paper in the rollers. I suspect that was the culprit all along.
Hope it helps
Occasional Visitor
Jon Eastlake
Message 15 of 22 (17,809 Views)

Nicely done Vladan. Did as you suggested and found a paper jam that I otherwise could not see. Spring was fine but did see how that could be an issue. Removed paper and the printer is again operating normally. Many thanks.
Valued Contributor
dctech
Message 16 of 22 (17,809 Views)

I had an issue with this same problem and found that a sensor was to blame. Here's an article with a fix.
http://www.devincollier.com/2009/02/14/hp-laserjet-3050-no-paper-pickup/
Occasional Visitor
Native
Message 17 of 22 (17,809 Views)

I finally resolved the â No paper pickupâ error message on my 3050 LaserJet by removing a small piece of paper that was stuck to the output roller. Required a small needle nose tool to get it out

Occasional Visitor
John Clancy2
Message 18 of 22 (17,809 Views)

Vladan, you inspired me to remove that blue tab and also the aluminum colored metal cover on the back. When I removed the metal cover I found a 1" by 1/2" piece of paper that was not visible from any other angle. I removed it and the problem went away.

HP -- the "No Paper Pickup" message is not helpful oftentimes as it seems the real problem is "Paperjam". There are probably lots of folks going to the aggravation of getting their printer serviced when they just need to work harder to find the paperjam.
Occasional Visitor
Bill Viveros
Message 19 of 22 (17,809 Views)

I was getting the same "No Paper Pickup" Error and found that there was a page stuck underneath the toner cartridge. That cleared it.
Occasional Visitor
Lift
Message 20 of 22 (15,053 Views)

Vlandan Trifunovic

Thank you, I did open the back side and found a peice of paper causing "No Paper Pickup" error.

Thank you it is very helpful.

Occasional Visitor
OKGirl
Message 21 of 22 (5,782 Views)

I panicked when I read the statements that the printer has to be repaired. I pushed the button to open the top and access the cartridge (did not go through the back); there was a piece of paper stuck just under the lid, not accessible when the lid was fully raised. I would never have known it was there if I hadn't read the comments.  Once I slowly tugged and removed the paper, closed the lid and pressed "enter", I was back in business.  Whew.

Occasional Visitor
GreenvilleGuy
Message 22 of 22 (2,550 Views)

My experience was the same as so many others.... but it started, i have to admit, with feeding Crane stationery-grade paper in the secondary feeder, which jammed and then tore when I tried to remove it. I thought I had gotten it all when the HP message went from "paper jam" to "no paper pickup." I had the service person come out the next morning, and we tore the machine apart. Thanks to these posts, we persisted until we found the 1"x 1.5" remaining fragment on a roller. We discovered it when we opened the cover, removed the toner, then partially closed the cover so that we could see above and below the separator. In fact, the machine spit it out for us.

Ok, HP could be perhaps be more logical in their user messaging... but golly, these old machines are smart. If you are getting any kind of error message, there is a scrap of paper somewhere in that baby.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.