Need To Download Vista G85 Driver DIRECTLY so A Vista shared user can use my XP G85 (158 Views)
Highlighted
Occasional Visitor
Message 1 of 1 (158 Views)

Need To Download Vista G85 Driver DIRECTLY so A Vista shared user can use my XP G85

My G85 resides on my XP system and I have set it up to be shared. Unfortunately, on the XP system in the "additional drivers" for the G85, there is not an option to load VISTA (or Windows 7) drivers.

My lady has a Vista laptop and wants to use my printer but when she connects to it she gets a message saying it needs a print driver for the G85.

HP says  "It is included with the Vista operating system" but where? In what directory? I can't point it to where the .ini file is because I have no idea what directory it is in. Vista needs a different print driver because the one loaded on my machine is for XP - there are also no options in the "Additional drivers" option on the XP maxhine to load the Vista (or Windoews 7) drivers. She is connecting to my shared G85 on my XP system via the network. What do I have to do to allow Vista (and Windows 7) users to be able to use my SHARED G85 on my XP machine? I have the option checked to share it on my XP system but the Vista user needs the driver installed so they can use it.. There is also a Windows 7 user who may connect to it.

All I need is either a copy of the Vista G85 driver files or to know exactly what directory on the Vista 32 bt operating system these G85 drivers are located in.so I can load them on her Vista machine.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.