Re: My Officejet J4680 will not print (206 Views)
Occasional Visitor
sheppardfitness
Message 1 of 5 (233 Views)

My Officejet J4680 will not print

I recently dug out an Officejet J4680 that I have not used in about 3 years.  I turned it on, connected it to my PC (which is reading the installed device), established a wireless connection and put in paper.  When I run a 'HP Print and Scan Doctor' I get an error message when it gets to the 'Device Status' portion of the scan.  It tells me to reset my prnter, which I've done.  Nothing.

I've run an ink cartridge test and it says 'Printer Region: Not Available".

I'm at a loss.  Do I simply need new ink carts?  When I hit PRINT the printer gears up and begins to print out paper...only the paper comes out blank.  It doesn't matter if I use color or black.

Thanks in advance for all help.  I'm a complete computer novice.

Trusted Contributor
ANNIE
Message 2 of 5 (220 Views)

Re: My Officejet J4680 will not print

Hello,

I think this is because the printer you bought is not REGION COUNTRY compatible with the ink cartridges you bought. A HP PRINTER FROM ONE COUNTRY MAY NOT USE THE HP INK CARTRIDGES FROM ANOTHER COUNTRY!
the hp online help people can reconfigure your printer so it will match the ink cartridges...but only if your printer is still under warranty.

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-contact-us.html
Hope this helps!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
** If found useful, please assign kudos located at the left hand side.
Thanks.

Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Occasional Visitor
sheppardfitness
Message 3 of 5 (217 Views)

Thanks very much for the reply.

The cartridges that are currently in the printer are the same stock cartridges that came with it.  I don't know why they would all of a sudden not work.  

Even when I run a TEST PRINT it comes out blank.  You can hear, and see, the carts running over the paper as if to lay ink but nothing is coming out.  Very strange.

Trusted Contributor
ANNIE
Message 4 of 5 (209 Views)

Which OS you are having?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
** If found useful, please assign kudos located at the left hand side.
Thanks.

Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Occasional Visitor
sheppardfitness
Message 5 of 5 (206 Views)

Windows 7.

Update: I called the help line and the gentleman said that because I just now am hooking up this printer (i've never used it before and this model is now discontinued) that even if I put a new cartridge in it, it will never work.  Something about how I never used the starter ink carts so the printer won't synch to anything else.  Sounded like absolute garbage to me (he immediately tried to sell me a new printer).  

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.