M5035 delayed response of touch screen (268 Views)
Occasional Advisor
drALEX
Message 1 of 6 (268 Views)

M5035 delayed response of touch screen

Hello!

I encountered the following problem. Between pressing the button on the screen and the action takes place from 3 to 5 seconds. Updating the firmware did not help. The situation is the same for all the actions. "Scan to folder", "Scan to e-mail" and copying. Has anyone encountered this problem and how it can be solved?

thanks in advance

Please use plain text.
Advisor
1111J
Message 2 of 6 (247 Views)

Re: M5035 delayed response of touch screen

Sorry, but I do not understand well. Do you mean whatever button(such as "Scan to folder", "Scan to e-mail" and copying)you press, the action takes place in 3 to 5 seconds. And you think it is too slow. Am I right?
Please use plain text.
Occasional Advisor
drALEX
Message 3 of 6 (243 Views)

Yes, you're right. I meant, that the gap between pressing the button on the screen and the reaction takes a few seconds.
Yes, I believe that it is too slow. And I think it does not depend on the state of the network or the active directory. Because, list of email addresses (scan e-mail), or a list of folders (scan to folder) stored on the device itself.

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
TechPro
Message 4 of 6 (225 Views)

I wondering about it too. I have about four devices (thus far) that are unusually slow responding ... and they were not that way in the past. Mine include M5035, M4555, and M4345 models.

This next week I'm having one of my student employees check our entire fleet (about 85 MFP units) for slow menu behavior.

It's becoming a very real problem.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Advisor
drALEX
Message 5 of 6 (216 Views)

>>It's becoming a very real problem.
I would like to hear any hint the firmware developers.
I believe that there must be a very special magic tweak)) or they might tell the direction in which to move in order to solve this problem.
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Kevin_Adams
Message 6 of 6 (204 Views)

Before doing too much it might be worth calibrating the touch screen just to eliminate it.

I had issues on some models where touchscreen and responses seemed to be sluggish, when I calibrated I found the routine would not let you fully calibrate, the sequence seemed to complete by itself, after much investigation I found the culprit was people holding drinks when using the MFP, over time they kept splashing small amounts on the display, some might have wiped it off, others perhaps not, over time it contaminated the touch screen.

I only found this out by opening a screen carefully after I had fixed it.

Since then I check the calibration where possible.

On this model power off

hold # and C while powering on.

When a small square appears in the top left corner release the keys

Use something like a pen or plastic tool to touch the top left square, you should see a square appear on the bottom right, touch that.

The printer should boot up as soon as you touch that one. for info the squares don't dissapear when you touch them.

If the printer boots up without you touching a square or just after touching the top left one then try again as the control panel will not be calibrated.

If it ain't simple it ain't worth doing.
(Don't forget Kudos if people have helped)
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation