M4345 MFP Network folder (1090 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Mike Reinhart
Message 1 of 2 (1,090 Views)

M4345 MFP Network folder

I am able to use the web service to connect to my printer. I can turn on all of the icons except the network folder. When I go to the digital sending, send to folder page, I see this at the top of the page:
" Attention!
General Device Access Failure"

When I enable:
Send to Folder
Scan Setup Wizard
with their checkboxes, and apply settings, I navigate out of that folder and come back the boxes are unchecked.

I can not use the scan setup wizard either. It states scan set up wizard not enabled.

I CAN print, fax, e-mail, copy etc. Only network folders a problem. (Worked fine before formatter died)

I just changed to new formatter after old one died. updated firmware (20091123 48.110.7), cold reset, disk initialized.

I set-up original network communications on printer. Have administrator rights.

Perhaps I am setting up communications incorrectly.

Hopefully someone can help me.

For now I am sending scans via e-mail, but it is an extra step to save docs.

Thanks

Honored Contributor
TechPro
Message 2 of 2 (1,090 Views)

Re: M4345 MFP Network folder

Have you specified the domain, network username, and password for the Scan to Network settings?

Also, did you happen to specify the folder as a "Shared Folder" or as a "FTP Site"?

If you specified it as a "Shared Folder", and then entered the path similar to: \\servername\sharename
That may not work. Replace the servername with the IP# of the server (it's a name resolution thing) and make sure you spell the sharename of the folder exactly (case sensitive) ... Make sure that the sharename does NOT have any spaces or special characters in it.

The path is not supposed to be case sensitive, but it has sometimes shown to make a difference. Also, because the M4345 is actually just a multiple featured printer, it doesn't always resolve devices names ... so using the IP# of the server improves reliability a lot.

Maybe that will help?
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.