M3035 MFP Control Panel (309 Views)
Occasional Visitor
gfagel
Message 1 of 6 (309 Views)

M3035 MFP Control Panel

Today the control panel of our M3035 printer stopped working. The printer is on line and I can print to it. It is unlocked.

Any ideas.

Honored Contributor
John Getzke
Message 2 of 6 (302 Views)

Re: M3035 MFP Control Panel

[ Edited ]

If your control panel is physically broken then you need to replace it.  Look up a Service Manual to find the part number and see if you can find one online.  The 3035 is fairly popular, replacement parts should be accesible.

Otherwise I would start with the usual power cycle and restore defaults proceedures to see if maybe your printer is experiencing a temporary issue.

Kudo's appreciated : ) (The purple thumbs up)
Honored Contributor
Kevin_Adams
Message 3 of 6 (288 Views)

I would reseat the formatter connections first, just in case there's a bad connection.

The display is run from the formatter connection so if the formatter has any issues with connectivity then it can cause loss.

If this doesn't work then I would replace the control panel.

On this model the formatter is not one that you slide out you have to remove a side panel then the cables can be reseated, care needs to be taken on the white film cables so not a task for someone who is not familiar with these.

Part code for the display is CB414-60101

If it ain't simple it ain't worth doing.
(Don't forget Kudos if people have helped)
HP Pro
Askme
Message 4 of 6 (274 Views)

[ Edited ]

It could be a temparary issue, which you may resolve by doing control panel (touch panel) calibration:

Turn off device (take a pause of 5-10 seconds).  Press & hold C & # keys together, turn on device.

You will notice a white DOT displayed (near top-left corner of panel).  With a pointed object (like pen) try to make most accurate touch to the white dot.  Once the touch is recognized by printer, it will  display 2nd white dot (near bottom-right corner of panel), which needs to be touched in the similar way.

You may also use this document to understand & follow the same procedure:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&objectID=c00807276&jumpi...

Once completed, printer will confinue normal boot sequence & come to READY status.  Check if the panel is working.

If not, then it might be a hardware failure & panel should be replaced.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as Accepted Solution
Click the Kudos star if this was helpful. Thank You!

(Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP)
HP Pro
takasan
Message 5 of 6 (247 Views)

Hi,

There are a couple of connectors that are between the formatter and the control panel so you can try reseating all of them.

The first one is reseating the formatter. The next one would be the SCB (Scanner Control Board) located on the back side of the scanner/ADF assembly and the if those do not work the  you can try re connecting the cable under the control panel. Pop up the control panel and look for the cable underneath.

If any of these connectors does not fix the problem I'd try replacing the SCB first then the formatter then the Control Panel.

Thanks

I work for HP
Outstanding Contributor
DavidZuts
Message 6 of 6 (235 Views)

First off if the printer is working then the formatter is fine. First check to make sure no one has turned down the brightness control located in the upper left side of the menu. If the connections are fine and the brightness is fine, then the control panel would be the item to change first.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.