Laserjet M1522nf- Can't receive faxes from non HP Fax Machines (1314 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Jag Bhamrah
Message 1 of 4 (1,314 Views)
Accepted Solution

Laserjet M1522nf- Can't receive faxes from non HP Fax Machines

The Laserjet M1522nf can not receive faxes from clients who have faxes made by Canon, Xerox, Ricoh, etc. The control Panel shows the message "No Fax detected".

It appears that the M1522nf can't recognize fax tones other than fax tones sent by an HP fax machine.

Also note that the Laserjet M1522nf shares the same phone line with a Telephone Answering Machine (TAM), and a cordless phone. I used to own a brother Multifunction laser and it had no problems with receiving any faxes with the exact same setup.

Any help would be appreciated.
Please use plain text.
Frequent Advisor
molsonexpert
Message 2 of 4 (1,314 Views)

Re: Laserjet M1522nf- Can't receive faxes from non HP Fax Machines

Things to try:

Disable any/all of the following (assuming they exist on the m1522): ecm, v.34, jbig compression.

Verify firmware is up to date

Ensure the rings to answer on the printer is at least 2 rings less than the TAM. Any incoming calls should go to the TAM first, which will then reroute non-voice (i.e fax) signals to the mfp
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Jag Bhamrah
Message 3 of 4 (1,314 Views)

ECM is already disabled. If I change the V.34 (fast) speed, then which fax speed should be used?
I don't think M1522nf has jbig compression. What does jbing compression mean?

The firmware is up to date.

Please clarify if Rings to Answer on the printer should be 2 less or 2 more than TAM. Shouldn't TAM have 2 less than printer to ensure that the incoming calls go to TAM first. M1522nf User guide recommended 2 more rings than TAM.

Thank you.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Lou Pupich
Message 4 of 4 (1,314 Views)

Have you been able to resolve the problem and did you find out if the TAM should be two more or less rings than the fax?
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation