Laserjet 8100dn wrinkles left hand corner on paper. (143 Views)
Occasional Advisor
Mike Kruzel_1
Message 1 of 3 (143 Views)

Laserjet 8100dn wrinkles left hand corner on paper.

Our school just purchased a Laserjet 8100dn about 3 weeks ago and seems to wrinkle the top left hand corner of the paper when it comes out of the top of the paper and offsets the print job so the print job isn't straight. It seems to be sporadic and doesn't happen too often. There isn't paper stuck anywhere. Is there anything else I can check or should we just have an HP certified tech come out to check this?
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Kimberly Ann
Message 2 of 3 (143 Views)

Re: Laserjet 8100dn wrinkles left hand corner on paper.

Hi Mike,

I wouldn't recommend trying to fix this, especially since the printer is 3 weeks old and obviously still under warranty. I would have an HP tech look at it. If you need help finding an authorized tech in your area, here's a web site that might help:

http://hp.infonow.net/bin/findNow?CLIENT_ID=HP_LOC_USA_SRV

Good luck!

Kathy
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Richard Moses
Message 3 of 3 (143 Views)

Re: Laserjet 8100dn wrinkles left hand corner on paper.

Mike, the problem probably exists with one of the feed rollers in the machine. I recently had the same problem myself, and a new set of rollers fixed the problem. Being only three weeks old, I would definintely use warranty.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation