Laserjet 700 MFP M775dn (151 Views)
Occasional Visitor
GuyboR
Message 1 of 4 (151 Views)
Accepted Solution

Laserjet 700 MFP M775dn

We just purchased a new M775dn and are trying to learn all it's features.

One that is stumping me is how to get the scanner to auto orientate a page when it's scanned.  It will only scan in landscape mode and thus the page comes in as a pdf sideways.  Is there a way to get it to scan in portrait so it is readable without rotating it in the pdf viewer?

Searching I see that the M575 has "auto orientate" as a feature, but I couldn't find that feature listed on the 775.  One would think a larger more capable unit would have all the "bells and whistles".

Thanks in advance

Guy

Please use plain text.
HP Pro
Ultras-Edge
Message 2 of 4 (100 Views)

Re: Laserjet 700 MFP M775dn

Hi

Either the M775 MFP has the "auto orientate" option , just like the M575...

You can find the option it in the Scan menu while scanning your document, or you can find it in the Scan settings on the EWS.

Please use plain text.
HP Pro
Gatillero
Message 3 of 4 (90 Views)

Hello GuyboR,

The reason M775 does not have this feature is because you can feed the ADF (automatic Document Feeder) and place on the Flatbed scanner the page on both landscape and portrait direction, the 575 has that " auto orientate" option because you can only feed paper on portrait direction,

You did not specify on your post but I assume you are using either save to USB, send to email or send to folder and your output is  PDF, my recomendation is as follows:

There is a few ways you can get your PDFs in portrait direction:

Try to feed your document in the opposite direction (if you are placing your documents in portrait, now place them in landscape direction)

This printer automatically detects if the document is portrait or landscape

when sending your document, before you hit send or save go to "more options"  and check a couple options: "Content Orientation" and select "portrait"

and check "Original Size" and select "Automatically Detect"

This way you will ensure your jobs will be portrait direction on the PDFs

I hope this information help you,

Best regards!

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
GuyboR
Message 4 of 4 (79 Views)

Thank you to both for the help.

My secretary kicked me in the shins and showed me how to do it properly.  She said quit trying to make it harder then it is.

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation