Re: Laserjet 2840 - cannot adjust scan settings (100 Views)
Occasional Visitor
ebaum78
Message 1 of 3 (156 Views)

Laserjet 2840 - cannot adjust scan settings

[ Edited ]

I am using a Color Laserjet 2840 All-In-One. I am also using Windows 7. Unfortunately the software doesn't cover Win 7; the download center tells you to use the Windows Scan and Fax software provided. When I do that, adjusting the brightness/contrast does absolutely nothing to change the photo. According to the user manual I need the HP toolbox to properly do this, but I don't believe I can get the toolbox on Win 7. The problem of course being that the scans are way too dark and certainly not anywhere close to a WYSIWYG situation. Any suggestions? I'd hate to have wasted so much money.

P.S. This thread has been moved from Laserjet to Multifucntion and All-in-One. - Hp Forum Moderator

Super Advisor
Oldscout
Message 2 of 3 (115 Views)

Re: Laserjet 2840 - cannot adjust scan settings

HP Pro
Askme
Message 3 of 3 (100 Views)

Re: Laserjet 2840 - cannot adjust scan settings

Generally the scanning program/software is the only option to control the job specifc scanning preferences.  You may try using image editor software if basic scanning software is not suitable for your requirement.

I feel that the toolbox software may not be useful for your scenario, also that version supported with Windows 7 is not available.  To install toolbox with supported operating systems, what you need is either the driver CD or use the Full software solution available for download.

Please share the more information about what you have referred from user manual about the use of toolbox software, so that we could understand it better & provide inputs.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as Accepted Solution
Click the Kudos star if this was helpful. Thank You!

(Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP)
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.