Laserjet 100 Color MFP 175nw will not scan to my mac (10.8.2) over a wireless network (432 Views)
Collector
Eric1940
Message 1 of 1 (432 Views)

Laserjet 100 Color MFP 175nw will not scan to my mac (10.8.2) over a wireless network

[ Edited ]

I have the latest software and drivers (this was confirmed with HP tech support) the mac can print wirelessly to the printers (we have 3) just fine. When I go to scan using the HP Scan app on the mac it gives an error saying "Failed to open a session on the device" we have several other hp mfp printers that the scanning software works with just fine. Now the final thing is on my mac I have installed an xp pro virtural machine. On this vm I have the exact same hp scan software (the windows version) and it allows me to scan to windows just fine. HP support says that it is something with my wireless network, and they will not help any further until I can prove that it is not. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,

Eric

P.S. This thread has been moved from Printers - LaserJet to Multifunction and All-in-One - HP Forums moderator

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.