Re: LaserJet Pro 400 MFP M425 / 1-side to 2-side copying missed an inch from top on second page (233 Views)
Visitor
econtech
Message 1 of 5 (260 Views)
Accepted Solution

LaserJet Pro 400 MFP M425 / 1-side to 2-side copying missed an inch from top on second page

When I try one-sided to two-sided copy from the automatic top feeder, the second page missed about an inch of the original content from top. (The first page also missed a little bit, that's not a huge deal.) I think that it happened because the feeding speed is slower than it's supposed to be. Are there any settings that I can check to fix it?

I have two LaserJet Pro 400 MFP M425 printers and they are doing same. So, it's not one user/computer or one printer problem.

Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Super Advisor
Oldscout
Message 2 of 5 (249 Views)

Re: LaserJet Pro 400 MFP M425 / 1-side to 2-side copying missed an inch from top on second page

In the image quality section of the print quality menu there is an alignment section.
First I would clean all the paper feed rollers with soap and water to make sure they are clean and functioning well.
Please use plain text.
Visitor
econtech
Message 3 of 5 (240 Views)

Re: LaserJet Pro 400 MFP M425 / 1-side to 2-side copying missed an inch from top on second page

Both of them are pretty new. One is a couple of months old, the other one is a couple of weeks old. I will try the suggestions and see how it goes. Thanks for the suggestions and I appreciate it. I will follow up as soon as I try them out.

Please use plain text.
Visitor
econtech
Message 4 of 5 (233 Views)

Image Alignment does not anything for the problem. However, I was able to fix by:

- Chaninging copy settings to pick up from exclusively from tray 2 instead of auto select

- Saving the settings as a new default

I guess, the printer is pausing a quick moment if the tray selection is auto.

Please use plain text.
HP Pro
muffinTopper
Message 5 of 5 (203 Views)

It sounds like you addressed this and I'll work to reproduce this and if I can, I will work to get this address in firmware due to a likely timing issue. 

I work for HP.
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation