LaserJet Pro 400 MFP Color M475dw - Airprint Issue (953 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Kieron_McColm
Message 1 of 4 (953 Views)

LaserJet Pro 400 MFP Color M475dw - Airprint Issue

Hi All,

Wondering if someone can help / shed some light on our current issue, We have purchased the above printer and having many issues with the Apple Airprint feature. 

For some reason  iPhone 3 and 3g can pickup the printer but iPhone 4 / 4s and iPad 3 / 4 cannot see the printer we have replaced the printer twice, fully updated the firmware (20120626) but still having issues.

I have tried 4 different wireless repeaters (Edimax ones) but no luck, we have a MFP 400 non color (B&W) which works with no issues at all, HP Customer Service will not refund and neither will our supplier, Also the tech support over the phone did not even understand what Air Print was and didnt even try to troubleshoot just asked the firmware datecode.

Any help would be much appreciated 

Regards Kieron McColm

Please use plain text.
Neighborhood Moderator
affableLJ
Message 2 of 4 (944 Views)

Re: LaserJet Pro 400 MFP Color M475dw - Airprint Issue

Hello!

I recommend posting your question on this board.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/ePrint-Print-Apps-Mobile/bd-p/Photo

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
Please mark the post that solves your problem as Accepted Solution
I am an HP employee!
Please use plain text.
HP Pro
ironbadger
Message 3 of 4 (938 Views)

Out of curiosity.  Can you see the printer and print using the HP eprint App?

Is theprinter connected to the LAN wirelessly or is it wired?

Make sure that in the printer EWS under the Network Tab and Advanced that Bonjour is enabled.

Also under the Network ID make sure the Bonjour name is something short that can completely fit on the AirPrint dialog.

I don't have a M475 available with wireless.  But my M375 (which is essentially the same printer but slower) is working on my iPad 2 running 5.1.1.  I would think the OS would matter more than the model of iOS device.

I work for HP
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Chris H
Message 4 of 4 (885 Views)

ironbadger:

I notice that you have a LaserJet M375 printer, and that this is essentially a slower version of the M475.

If so, are you able to answer the question I posed in thread http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Multifunction-and-All-in-One/What-PCL-XL-Class-Revision-level-does-LJ-M... regarding the Class/Revision level of PCL XL supported by M451 (and M475) series printers.

i.e. could you try sending the small test file attached in that thread to your M375 printer, and letting me know the outcome.

The thread contains instructions for using Windows 'lpr' to send the contents of the file over the network to the printer.

If your printer has a 'walk up and print' USB slot, you may be able to print the .prn file directly by saving it to a (FAT-formatted) USB stick (removing the extra .txt extension which was necessary to add it to the thread).

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation