LaserJet Pro 400 - Change Location (525 Views)
Visitor
Geoff_Lawrence
Message 1 of 5 (525 Views)
Accepted Solution

LaserJet Pro 400 - Change Location

[ Edited ]

I have an HP LaserJet Pro 400 color MFP M475dw, when I first powered it up it asked for the Language and the Location, I got the Language right and the Location wrong as I was not used to the touch screen. Anyway, changing the Language is easy, however changing the Location seems to be impossible! "Reset Default" does not help and neither does "NVRAM Initialisation"!

Does anyone know how to change the Location please? So far this has me completely baffled!

I am also unsure of the impact, it would seem to be cosmetic but it might impact the Fax functionality, I guess?

Thanks, Geoff

PS my Firmware Datecode is 20120808

P.S. This thread has been moved from LaserJet to Multifunction and All-in-One - HP Forums moderator

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
DavidZuts
Message 2 of 5 (516 Views)

Re: LaserJet Pro 400 - Change Location

I really do not have the answer, but call hp customer care since the printer is under warranty and then should be able to tell you how and if possible.
Please use plain text.
Visitor
Geoff_Lawrence
Message 3 of 5 (509 Views)

I did have a Web Chat with HP support and they helped me do the NVRAM Reinitialise. However I was told a supervisor would call me to sort it out but they have not, yet. So I posted here in the hope someone would know?

Please use plain text.
Visitor
Geoff_Lawrence
Message 4 of 5 (470 Views)

Right, now that HP Support have helped me find the answer, it seems reasonable I should post that here, in case others have the same issue. To change the printer's location you need to do the following:

1)    Make sure the product is in the Ready state.
2)    Touch the Setup  button.
3)    Simultaneously touch the Left Arrow  button and the Cancel  button.
4)    Touch the Setup  button again.
5)    Open the 2ndry Service menu.
6)    Use the arrow keys to scroll through the Location
7)    Select the Country and press OK.

The left arrow is on the left of the main display in the middle and the cancel button is on the right at the bottom. So see exactly where the arrow pointing left and the red cross are, turn your printer off and then on again, the boot sequence shows them.

This all worked for me. So thanks HP Support.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
AustinHook
Message 5 of 5 (354 Views)

Hurray! That worked for me too with my Laserjet 100 color MFP M175nw. I had accidentally set Vietnam and I couldn't change it to Canada which is what I wanted. Whew... I feel safe again. I originally came to Canada in the first place to avoid going the Vietnam... :-)
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation