Re: LaserJet M2727 nf Starts but won't work (442 Views)
Occasional Contributor
Scott Clausen
Message 1 of 3 (442 Views)

LaserJet M2727 nf Starts but won't work

We purchased this printer on 02 Oct. Yesterday it would not print, copy, or fax. On restart it sometimes just sits (window is blank) there and doesn't complete startup checks while other times it completes the start up checks, states it's ready, but won't do anything. Before this it recently required a restart to get it to run,

I've gone through the troubleshooting guidelines and have had no luck. I haven't added any software or hardware to the computer since purchase.

I'm on a Dell Dimension 9100 with XP and all service packs.

Since it's only two months old I'm really concerned.
Occasional Visitor
Neil Meinhart
Message 2 of 3 (442 Views)

Re: LaserJet M2727 nf Starts but won't work

Hi
Our company owns around 25-30 of these printers, and we are having the same issue as Scott is, on 2 of them. Has anyone found the answer to the problem yet?

When I call hp support, it tells me the office is closed. Eventhough it is within business hours.

Regards
Neil Meinhart
Occasional Visitor
Dennis Ames
Message 3 of 3 (442 Views)

Re: LaserJet M2727 nf Starts but won't work

Hey Scott,

I have had 2 of the same model printers doing that exact same issue. I had to send noth of them back to HP for service.

I'm not sure but my last case (today) was that it's something either power or temperature related. HP in it's testing process informed me they DO NOT recomend a power surge protector becuase it could lower the voltage to the printer. After testing it did not matter, bad electronic board and ship it back. Sorry for the bad news.
Good luck with the printer.. Dennis
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.