LaserJet 4100MFP no control panel / no display (3382 Views)
Occasional Advisor
Jörg Hillgärtner
Message 1 of 16 (3,382 Views)

LaserJet 4100MFP no control panel / no display

Hello,

we have a 4100MFP. A few weeks ago, we use the maintenance kit. After a while, the control panel / display failed.

We have another 4100MFP, fallen down, and I have changed most of the parts (panel itself, platine in scanner). No change. Any idea, cause without control panel we can`t use the LaserJet.

The next problem. We use a brandnew HP toner cartridge but it told me only 4 % toner. So I change. Same only 4% toner and it asked for the service (we have done a few weeks ago).
Honored Contributor
David Zuts
Message 2 of 16 (3,382 Views)

Re: LaserJet 4100MFP no control panel / no display

If you have a parts unit, swap the formatter as that supplies the info to the formatter.
Honored Contributor
Richard Eklund
Message 3 of 16 (3,382 Views)

Jorg,

If the formatter swap doesn't work, there is a small PCB under the top cover that the toner door/control panel plugs into. You might want to swap that next. Also, double check all connections. Had one that twisted my tail and it turned out to be a loose connection. good luck.
"Everytime you do a good deed, you kick the devil in the butt." Tim Allen
Honored Contributor
Kevin_Adams
Message 4 of 16 (3,382 Views)

Theres a common problem in the 4100mfp, the Scanner psu, it causes this fault.
It's the most common fault we see on this printer.

RG1-4175-000CN is the psu spares code.
The fuse for it is VD7-0644-000CN, in many cases the fuse itself goes but we find 50/50, some will blow the fuse again if we replace it.
If it ain't simple it ain't worth doing.
(Don't forget Kudos if people have helped)
Occasional Advisor
Jörg Hillgärtner
Message 5 of 16 (3,382 Views)

Hello,

thank you for answering. My english is horroble, but I try. I changed everythink, but the small PCB under the top cover that the toner door/control panel plugs into.

All connection I have checked und changed the Scanner psu (it is on the back with the connection cable to the scanner?).

So last chance is the small PCB. IS THERE A WHITEPAPER, how to change?

After my doings, the damaged Printer is o.k. now :-) If it is the PCB, what`s part number and what`s the price?
Trusted Contributor
Steve Begley
Message 6 of 16 (3,382 Views)

Hi Jorg,

Service manual can be downloaded free here:

http://www.feedroller.com/Store/hp_manuals.php

Regards,

Steve.B.
Tea break over - back on yer heads!
Occasional Advisor
Jörg Hillgärtner
Message 7 of 16 (3,382 Views)

Hi,

thank you. I have read a lot. All the

copy processor board LEDs are off.

Is this a good or a bad information. After the display is off, we havn`t use it for scanning or fax. So I havn`t controll the scanner.

Kind regards
Jörg
Trusted Contributor
Steve Begley
Message 8 of 16 (3,382 Views)

Hi Jorg,

All the CPB LEDs off would most likely indicate a power problem - as Kevin has said in a previous reply you need to try swapping this - from your earlier reply, I think you have changed the wrong part - use the Service guide and the pictures to identify the PSU.

Good luck - regards,

Steve.B.
Valued Contributor
tshine_67
Message 9 of 16 (3,382 Views)

Agree with Kevin, Scanner unit PSU failure more likely, check the printer when it powers on, does the scan lamp flash on and off during intilsation? If not then PSU has popped, if it does then on rare occasions the Flash DIMM has failed.
Occasional Advisor
Jörg Hillgärtner
Message 10 of 16 (3,382 Views)

Hello,

thank you again. Tomorow I`ll make a photo.

Kind regards

Jörg
Occasional Advisor
Jörg Hillgärtner
Message 11 of 16 (3,377 Views)

Hello,

here a two pictures. You can`t see the platine. It is a small piece with cables. Pictures next times

Now I have one more problem. I told you, that the damaged printer now works. But it ask me for a User an Password (see screenshot).

Kind regards

Joerg
Occasional Advisor
Jörg Hillgärtner
Message 12 of 16 (3,377 Views)

First picture of the pcb. You can`t see it, cause it is behind
Occasional Advisor
Jörg Hillgärtner
Message 13 of 16 (3,377 Views)

Second picture. You can`t see it
Valued Contributor
tshine_67
Message 14 of 16 (3,377 Views)

It looks like a password has been set for Network administration, if you do not now this password you will need to 'Cold Reset' the printer to clear it. TO Cold reset do the following; Turn off the printer, turn on and when the LCD panel lights up press and hold the green tick button, keep holding until the three information lights next to the screen come on and stay on, release the tick button and press the up direction button until the screen displays 'Cold Reset' now press the tick button again and the printer will carry on to the READY status. You should now be able to access the network configuration tabs. I think the pictures you have provided go to the front panel intermediate board, in my experience they all have cracks in them if this is what you are refering to but this does nopt stop the panel from working, as explained earlier this is due to the scanner PSU. Hope this helps.
Occasional Advisor
Jörg Hillgärtner
Message 15 of 16 (3,377 Views)

Hello,

thank you. But after the cold reset, I have to do everything new. Is this right?

Kind regards

Joerg
Trusted Contributor
Steve Begley
Message 16 of 16 (3,377 Views)

Hi Jorg,

Yes - a cold reset will set everything back to default including the IP address - you will have to re-input all the previous setup values.

Regards,

Steve.B.

PS - it is always a good idea to print a configuration page before the above....
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.