Laser Jet CM1312nfi MFP--Scan destination difficulty (7612 Views)
Occasional Visitor
MarkKS
Message 1 of 5 (7,612 Views)

Laser Jet CM1312nfi MFP--Scan destination difficulty

I just bought a LaserJet CM1312nfiMFP.  I am trying to set the scan to destination at the home computer, but get an error message saying it cannot communicate with the unit.  I know it is communicating because I can print from the PC, and can also initiate a scan from the PC.

I just spent 40 minutes waiting for online support.  Nothing.  Hope someone here can help. Many thanks.

Outstanding Contributor
DavidZuts
Message 2 of 5 (7,605 Views)

Re: Laser Jet CM1312nfi MFP--Scan destination difficulty

When using the scan to folder on hp all in ones you have to make sure the firewall is turned off.  Also I have found the best way to address the destination is using the ip address followed by the shared folder.  Example:

//192.168.1.5/scans

The scans folder has to be shared on the destination computer and everyone has to have full privileges to that folder.   The ip address is the address of the computer that has the shared folder.

Occasional Visitor
MarkKS
Message 3 of 5 (7,574 Views)

Thanks so much for this reply.  Do i turn off the firewall permanently or just to get the computer connected?

Outstanding Contributor
DavidZuts
Message 4 of 5 (7,566 Views)

You should be able to specify in the firewall exceptions to allow the printer to communicate with the pc.

Occasional Visitor
vondakelly
Message 5 of 5 (5,669 Views)

Yes, It worked before, for some reason it stopped?

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.