LASERJET 3030 SCANNING ON WINDOWS 7 - NO PDF FORMAT AVAILABLE (7810 Views)
Occasional Visitor
JJ DE KOCK
Message 1 of 6 (7,810 Views)

LASERJET 3030 SCANNING ON WINDOWS 7 - NO PDF FORMAT AVAILABLE

I have a laserjet 3030 multi-function and in its scanning mode it can only scan in "photo"-mode, i.e. j.peg, bitmap. tiff. etcetara. I want to scan in pdf.format.
Another problem is it will not scan a multiple page document as one document in j.peg-mode - it is scanning each page as a seperate j.peg file. It is most frustrating - especially if you scan a 40 page document - you end up with 40 seperate files!! Can anyone help?
Please use plain text.
Frequent Advisor
John J Fulton
Message 2 of 6 (7,810 Views)

Re: LASERJET 3030 SCANNING ON WINDOWS 7 - NO PDF FORMAT AVAILABLE

The ability to scan to e .pdf is not due to the printer/scanner, it is to do with the software that you are utilizing to scan with.

The smaller all-in-one printer series just dump raw image data to the computer. It's the software that saves it in whatever format it supports.

So, to accomplish making a PDF, you need to purchase software like Adobe Acrobat (not the free Reader, you need to commercial version). Once in Acrobat there is an option under File to "Create PDF from scanned document" that will walk you through scanning in each page (or using a document feeder if you have one) and will generate a PDF document for you.

The only printers that will natively do PDF have software built in them to convert the raw data to a usable format. In essence, the scanner will have a built-in computer. You see that in the large, office multifunction copiers (like the Xerox docucenters) that will save the files to a network drive or e-mail them to you. The small all-in-one laserjets do not have an integrated computer to accomplish this which is why you need the software on your system to do it instead.

This is a case where you do get what you pay for....

-john
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Paul Canuck
Message 3 of 6 (7,810 Views)

If you do a web search and don't want to spring for Adobe there should be some freeware to do the job.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Advisor
Thomas Starr
Message 4 of 6 (7,558 Views)

you have misinterpreted the previous comment.  I have the same problem.  Under Windows XP Pro, I could use the hp 3030 laserjet to scan directly to pdf files.  but with the upgrade to Windows 7 and Windows Fax and Scan, the pdf option is no longer available.  There must be a way to resolve this withouth using Acrobat Pro, which I have.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
bjett3
Message 5 of 6 (7,523 Views)

I have the exact same problem. We just upgraded to Windows 7 (64 enterprise) and the old drivers will not work(tried to get the scan to PDF functionality) and the new drivers do not have the PDF scan function. Why was the function removed from the software and can it be put back?

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
bjett3
Message 6 of 6 (7,513 Views)

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation