JetSuite Address Import/Export (116 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Angry Ty
Message 1 of 3 (116 Views)

JetSuite Address Import/Export

JetSuite includes the option of importing an address book from old versions of WinFax. I have WinFax 9.0 (the current version is 10.0) and even that doesn't work. I tried version 8.0 without luck.

Isn't there another way to read a list of names and fax numbers into the JetSuite address book format? I've got hundreds and I'm not going to enter them manually.
Honored Contributor
Kimberly Ann
Message 2 of 3 (116 Views)

Re: JetSuite Address Import/Export

Hi,

You don't mention which LaserJet product you're using, but I did find this document:

http://www.hp.com/cposupport/printers/support_doc/bpl07872.html

Perhaps you've already gone through these steps, but I thought I'd at least give it a try. Be sure your WinFax address book is in the right format (.dbf).

Other than that, unfortunately, I don't know of another product to import address books into JetSuite. Perhaps another forum member has had experience with this and will post.

Good luck!

Kathy
Occasional Visitor
Angry Ty
Message 3 of 3 (116 Views)

Re: JetSuite Address Import/Export

I'm using the LJ 3150 - combo fax/printer. As it turns out, the problem is related to Windows 2000. The procedure works fine with Win98 but I can't get it working on 3 different W2K Professional machines. Obviously, this is an undocumented bug.

Any chance someone will produce a workaround or a patch?
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.