JetDirect Software issues (41 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Andy Doran
Message 1 of 2 (41 Views)

JetDirect Software issues

I have an OfficeJet G85 and was advised in one of these forums that I could not share this via Windows 2000. So I purchased a JetDirect 170x.

Now I have an issue on one system (I have 4 Windows 2000 servers, the other 3 are working fine). On the problem system, each time I log in the networking software runs as if it's the first time after a new installation... it searches the network for a printer and configures it.

Once this is done, I can print without any problems but it is annoying that I have to go through this process every time I log in.

The other systems went through the process once and then never again.

What's happening and how do I stop it?
My hovercraft is full of eels
Please use plain text.
(anon)
Message 2 of 2 (41 Views)

Re: JetDirect Software issues

Hello Andy,

It sounds as though you might be using JetAdmin... If so, I'd like you to uninstall it and try the HP Install Printer Wizard software. I'm including a link to the INPW Homepage. From there you can download the software and find answers to most of your questions. Please let me know whether this helps or not.

http://www.hp.com/cposupport/prodhome/hpinstalln19656.html

Dion
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation