Internal error message trying to finish a scan after upgrading the HP Solutions Center (254 Views)
Occasional Visitor
dumb1
Message 1 of 2 (254 Views)

Internal error message trying to finish a scan after upgrading the HP Solutions Center

I have just upgraded the HP Solutions Center to the latest version and now I get en internal error when trying to save a scanned document to PDF. See the attached jpg for details.

I have a C5280 printer. I am running Vista 64-bit with all of the latest Microsoft patches installed. I connect the printer to my desktop via a USB cable. I can still perform this function from my laptop which is running the "old" version of the HP solutions Center.

I have run the HP Scan doctor. See the results in the attached jpg. Everything is fine until I do the optional test scan. All of the steps of the actual scan perform as expected. After I finish the document and say NO to doing another document is when the internal error message occurs.

Short of getting this fixed, is there a way to go back to the older version of the solution center? The older version is 100.0.65.0. The new version is 130.0.44.62.

Thanks for your help!!!

Honored Contributor
John Getzke
Message 2 of 2 (230 Views)

Re: Internal error message trying to finish a scan after upgrading the HP Solutions Center

I commonly see those error messages when the Computer looses its connection with the Scanner in the middle of a scan job.  These kinds of problems may go unnoticed on small scan jobs but do occure more frequently on larger scans.  I would check the USB cable connections and perhaps try some different USB ports on the computer.

Also, you mentioned this happens with .PDF, does it happen on other image formats too?  Try creating a different file type and see if it is consistent for you.

There are no ways to downgrade software.  You have to have access to the previous versions installation files and manually reinstall.  HP does not archive previous versions of software so you are on your own for that request.

One last suggestion would be to try scanning to PDF from a different application if possible.  Any of the Adobe products should be able to create a .PDF straight from a scan job.  Otherwise you may have to rely on scanning to .Tiff and republishing as .PDF through a PDF converter as your work around.

Kudo's appreciated : ) (The purple thumbs up)
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.