Re: I can PRINT, but can't SCAN. (And my printer still shows my old IP address...) (150 Views)
Occasional Collector
wordnerd
Message 1 of 2 (195 Views)

I can PRINT, but can't SCAN. (And my printer still shows my old IP address...)

[ Edited ]

My computer (which is wirelessly connected to my printer) can PRINT to the printer but can't SCAN from it.

It says "scanner communication cannot be established..." etc. etc.

I recently moved and I notice that my Laserjet CM1415fnw still shows the IP address of my last apartment.  Perhaps I need to completely reset my printer to factory settings (and get rid of the old IP address)?

I really need to scan some stuff. Please help.  Thanks.

P.S> This thread has been moved from Laserjet to Multifunction and All-in-One. - Hp Forum Moderator

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
John Getzke
Message 2 of 2 (150 Views)

Re: I can PRINT, but can't SCAN. (And my printer still shows my old IP address...)

You need to Cold Reset your 1415 to reset the networking information.  Once you are reset then allow the printer to establish new network information and re-run the network installation from the Full Software Solution.

HP LaserJet CM1415 Cold Reset:

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Macintosh-Compatible-Products/CM1415fnw-Reset-to-factory-defaults/td-p/...

Kudo's appreciated : ) (The purple star under my UserName)
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation