Hp Officejet 6300 all in one series (588 Views)
Occasional Visitor
jeanette passingham
Message 1 of 7 (588 Views)

Hp Officejet 6300 all in one series

Can anyone tell me can I connect my all in one to my computer which is wireless, will I be able to use my fax machine which is built in?
Occasional Visitor
Manish Kumar B
Message 2 of 7 (588 Views)

Re: Hp Officejet 6300 all in one series

Yes Jeanette, You can connect our All-in-One Officejet 6310 in wireless by plugging our All-in-One into the Ethernet port of a wireless router
Occasional Visitor
jeanette passingham
Message 3 of 7 (588 Views)

Hi thankyou for your help. I just need to confirm my computer is on a wireless network therefore my telphone line is situated elsewhere in my home, I wish to use the hp officejet 6310 all in one to send faxes are yoiu saying that I can just plug this hp bt450 wireless printer adapter in and I will be able to send faxes from the machine without using a telephone line?
Regular Advisor
andmalc22
Message 4 of 7 (588 Views)

No, the fax feature requires a phone cable connected to your printer. This is explained in the printer documentation.

Also follow the directions on how to connect your printer to your network. You will need a networking cable you can buy at any computer or office supply store to connect the printer to your wireless router. The Bluetooth adapter is only needed for specialized situations that you don't want to get into.
Occasional Visitor
jeanette passingham
Message 5 of 7 (588 Views)

Thanks for your help, the printer is working no problem it was just the fax I needed to get working I am going to take it back to the shop, I have a 2575 hp which is only a few months old the only reason I purchased the new one was for the fax. I will just go buy a stand alone fax machine. I have already spoken to a tech at hp and suggested it's about time fax machine could work without a telephone line which still requires a cord !
Regular Advisor
andmalc22
Message 6 of 7 (588 Views)

Nowadays, people are using the Internet for faxing. This would give you what you want.

I haven't tried it myself but here's one such service

http://www.faxaway.com/
Occasional Visitor
tomvolkar
Message 7 of 7 (476 Views)

officejet 6300 and windows 7

I have downloaded this driver and it does not work. It's the right one for my new HP with windows 7 home premium.  I am trying to get an existing HP printer to work with it.   http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=1120078&...

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.