How do I scan on a Laserjet M5035 over the network? (1517 Views)
Advisor
Joe Mirabile
Message 1 of 2 (1,517 Views)

How do I scan on a Laserjet M5035 over the network?

[ Edited ]

We are ordering an M5035x MFP and I am trying to confirm that we will be able to scan over the network before I place the order.

Currently we have an M2727 and we use the "HP Laserjet Scan" app to scan over the network. With only one click, the sheets get scanned to a PDF file, it opens a compose new email window in Outlook, and it attaches the file to it. Could not be simpler.

But from what I can tell, with the M5035 we will have to use an app called "HP LaserJet MFP Wizard Console", which does not offer this automation.  It can only scan to a folder, or scan to Email, which uses it's own built-in email client, not the Outlook on the user's desktop.

Does anyone know if we will be able to use an app like HP Laserjet Scan with the M5035?

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
TechPro
Message 2 of 2 (1,488 Views)

Re: How do I scan on a Laserjet M5035 over the network?

With the M5035 MFP you don't have to use any app like that.  You just talk to it's embedded web page (EWS) and configure it.  Piece of cake.  I know, we have 13 of these guys and they are ALL configured to scan to network folders, and scan to email as well.

I personally prefer to use HP's DSS (Digital Sending Software) because of the increased abilities that adds to the units (OCR, Workflow, etc.) but that might be too pricey for just one or two units.  We have 75 devices that can work with the DSS so it's price is worth it for us.

The M5035xs MFP and the M9050 MFP are my favorite 11x17 capable MFP devices.

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation