Re: Hardware Diagnostic Utility Fails to recognize LaserJet MFP (228 Views)
Frequent Advisor
DocumentRunr
Message 1 of 2 (271 Views)

Hardware Diagnostic Utility Fails to recognize LaserJet MFP

When running the Hardware Diagnistic Utility 2.0, a pop up message says "No printer to diagnose" even though I just printed a test page from our LaserJet 3050. I'm trying to troubleshoot USB connectivity and scanning issues which have been endemic to this product. A driver update is sorely needed. What I'd like to be able to do eventually is get the scanner profile for the 3050 into the Smart Document Scan 3.0 software with some updated TWAIN drivers. The documentation for the 3050 says it's TWAIN version 1.9 compliant, but only the 1.0 version is indicated in the pop up dialogs when scanning. Any help would be appreciated by many of us MFP users. What this all points to is the need for universal scanning drivers to go with the universal printing drivers.

pavilion dv8408 us laptop

Vista 32

Frequent Advisor
DocumentRunr
Message 2 of 2 (228 Views)

Re: Hardware Diagnostic Utility Fails to recognize LaserJet MFP

UPDATE: The latest Hardware Diagnostic Utility version 3.0 is still not recognizing our LaserJet 3050 MFP. It just says "No Printer to Diagnose" even after successfully printing something. The 3050 PCL 6 driver is in the printers folder and it is working, but the utility does not "see" it. The utility will indicate the presence of the PCL 5 UPD when installed, but indicates that it is not supported. The Scan Diagnostic Utility version 4.2 doesn't work either, it just says "no scanner installed".

LaserJet 3050 MFP, connected via USB

pavilion dv8408us laptop

Windows Vista 32.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.