HPLaserJet M4345 MFP Paper late jam, jam in cassette (2243 Views)
Frequent Visitor
Ulfat
Message 1 of 5 (2,243 Views)

HPLaserJet M4345 MFP Paper late jam, jam in cassette

Hi, I have HP LaserJet M4345 MFP Printer in our Office. the issue with printer is that when i print it just print single page after that it shows Clearing paper path and shortly give error  Paper Jam in tray 2. i cleaned the Pre-Feed Sensor after cleaning it give print successfully but after sometime again it give error  Paper Jam in Tray 2. i  was about to run Paper path test suddenly i got error DC controller Board failure error code 55.04.04  after this error i turn off the printer and i turn on the printer work fine, but when i turn off the printer and i turn it on again it give error the same Paper Jam in Tray 2.

The Event Log which i get from printer is as follow

1-     Event: 13.01.00  Description: Paper late jam, jam in cassette 0300001A02010200011000000

2-      Event: 55.04.04

just i want to know what is the actual issue is there any problem with any Paper Path sensor or something else what does it mean   Paper late jam, jam in cassette. OR is there any issue with two blue pickup rollers???

Please help me with above issue and give solution because  i am very confuse regarding this issue

thanks and regard

Ulfat

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Kevin_Adams
Message 2 of 5 (2,237 Views)

Re: HPLaserJet M4345 MFP Paper late jam, jam in cassette

Obviously the answer to your second part of the question depends on the condition of the rollers.

Sometimes you can ressurect them slightly by removing and washing in warm water with a tiny amount of soap, not too much.

Don't use alcohol as it dries the rubber, you could use a proper roller cleaner solution but normally to degrease them and see if it is the rollers a good wash will help, I normally use a non stick scouring pad to gently clean the surface then dry thoroughly.

If you get improved media pick up then this was your issue and you could always plan towards a new set of rollers if they are worn.

With regards the sensors, go to Diagnostics menu, you have 2 sensor modes, paper path sensors will show you the sensors whilst in use, manual sensor test will allow you to trigger them.

A 1 means there is media present or the switch is closed, 0 = no media or switch is open, bear in mind some will be 0 at idle, some 1.

Attached is a list of the sensors.

The positive side of your approach, you have not thrown any parts at it yet, just gathered information, now you need to move forwards and qualify the fault - only replacing parts if you can replicate the issue.

Hope this helps.

If it ain't simple it ain't worth doing.
(Don't forget Kudos if people have helped)
Please use plain text.
Frequent Visitor
Ulfat
Message 3 of 5 (2,234 Views)

Hi, Today i have replace the pickup rollers, but the problem didnt solve. i note one thing when i print there is coming two knock sound from the back of second tray and then it give error. if sound doesnt come then it print, so it looks the tray 2 selonide would be faulty.

thanks

Please use plain text.
Frequent Visitor
Ulfat
Message 4 of 5 (2,222 Views)

Hi,

Today i noted some miscellanious   issue like,

1-   when i enter in to troubleshooting option then it can print but exiting from troubleshooting option then it give the same error.

2- when i check for the tray 2 selonide during printing its not working and i check the selonide with 9Volt battery it is working fine, actually no power is coming from DC unit for this selonide. IF i upgrade the firmware then it will work ???

please help in this issue.

thanks

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Kevin_Adams
Message 5 of 5 (2,215 Views)

Be careful on your direction here, the knocking may be the lifting motor, Until the unit senses the media loaded to the correct sensor the controller might not fire the solenoid.

You can often observe the lifting motor to make sure it is working correctly, this can give many different errors and can take you down wrong turns.

Once you have elminated this you can move forwards. Sensors can be manually tested in the Diagnostics, manual sensor test section.

You can verify they all work correctly and that the issue isn't a lazy sensor flag

If it ain't simple it ain't worth doing.
(Don't forget Kudos if people have helped)
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation