Re: HP6100 resetting printer to default settings OR reset wireless password (210 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Annemagnee
Message 1 of 2 (241 Views)

HP6100 resetting printer to default settings OR reset wireless password

[ Edited ]

I made  the fatal mistake in changing my wireless router password and I am not able to figure out how to simply change it.  I've spent hours and I would think this would be a easy thing to search, but to no avail I have not been able to figure it out.  I  have unplugged and printed a test page and there is no IP address that comes up.  I know I am missing something simple if anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it....

Annie

P.S. This thread has been moved from Communications, Wireless (Legacy ITRC forum) to Multifunction and All-in-One. -HP Forum Moderator

Please use plain text.
Acclaimed Contributor
Dennis Handly
Message 2 of 2 (210 Views)

Re: HP6100 resetting printer to default settings OR reset wireless password

What model router do you have?  How did you change the password?  Did you use the EWS from your PC to change it?

If so, did you also change your PC's networking configuration to match?

Have you tried changing the password back?

How is your PC connected to the router?  I assume the printer is wireless to the router?

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation