Re: HP Toolbox w/ All-in-one 3055 Problem (1012 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Homerpsu
Message 1 of 9 (1,012 Views)
Accepted Solution

HP Toolbox w/ All-in-one 3055 Problem

I just recently bought the All-In-One LaserJet 3055 and have come across a lot of issues.

1) When receiving a fax that is set to receive on the PC, where are the "faxPage.pdf" files being stored?

2) When the fax is set to "PC-Receive", I turn off my computer assuming that when I turn my PC back on later, the Toolbox will automatically download the new faxes into the application. However, in the Toolbox, under "Fax Receive Log", it is showing me that I did indeed receive faxes when my computer was off. However I am unable to see the "View" button next to the new faxes (to view them). How can I view those new faxes?

3) How do I check which version of Toolbox I currently have installed?

4) Has Toolbox support been discontinued?

5) The feature to delete any of the faxes is not available. I have read other topics that complain about Toolbox not having this feature... assuming Toolbox support is still active, will this feature be implemented?

Note: I've managed to find a way to be able to view most of the faxes that I receive but it involves keeping my computer on. This defeats the purpose of upgrading to the 3055. I usually have to restart the 3055 if I have restarted the Toolbox or restarted my computer. It seems that when 3055 powers on, it needs to establish itself with the toolbox. However, once toolbox is closed, the 3055 does not establish a good connection with toolbox once toolbox is restarted. "good connection" meaning that new faxes are no longer viewable.

I hope that there are fixes available and that someone from HP could respond to this thread. Thank you very much!
Occasional Contributor
KENNETH FOWLER
Message 2 of 9 (1,012 Views)

Re: HP Toolbox w/ All-in-one 3055 Problem

I have the same situation on the 3050. Sometimes I receive a notice that I received a fax. If so, I can click on view and see it. Other times (with no change in the controls and the computer is ON), the toolbox tells me that I have received a fax. Since there is no "view" in the toolbox "fax review log", I am unable to see it. No help to you but just to let you know others have a similar problem and anxious to see if you receive some support.
Occasional Visitor
Peter Ho CA
Message 3 of 9 (1,012 Views)

I have the same problem. I can send received the fax. However, I can't see the view button on the toolbox. Nor the PC notify me of the fax coming in.
Occasional Visitor
Homerpsu
Message 4 of 9 (1,012 Views)

I want to buy a product that'll save me wasting paper so at least a decent software that'll allow me to receive fax onto my computer rather than printing it out.
Occasional Visitor
juinn tao
Message 5 of 9 (1,012 Views)

to your question 1. try C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Hewlett-Packard\ToolboxFX\Settings\FaxLogs_00_14_38_d1_75_6e\received

your folder should have a similar format, but not the exect name
Occasional Visitor
Riaan Oosthuizen
Message 6 of 9 (1,012 Views)

Hi

I had a customer recently that had the same problem where they could see that the faxes was received to the pc but could not view it.It was solved by reseting the machine - procedure that I also got from this forums:
I firstly shut down the pc and them performed the reset and then restarted the pc again and it worked fine.

Try doing a soft reset on the machine

hit the menu button
* and # key together at the same time
you should see developpers menu
go right until you see Reinit FFS
then press enter

hit the menu button once
hit the * and # key together at same time once
display should read developpers menu
go right untill you see Reint FFS
press enter
the printer will go some internal resets
wait for it to come back up to ready

hope it helps.
Advisor
Fabio Fernandez
Message 7 of 9 (1,012 Views)

1) When receiving a fax that is set to receive on the PC, where are the "faxPage.pdf" files being stored?
The pdf file is on the following location:

My computer/Hard drive:either c or d, where you saved windows/Docs and settings/All users/Application data/Hewlett Packard/ Settings/ Fax logs...

2) When the fax is set to "PC-Receive", I turn off my computer assuming that when I turn my PC back on later, the Toolbox will automatically download the new faxes into the application. However, in the Toolbox, under "Fax Receive Log", it is showing me that I did indeed receive faxes when my computer was off. However I am unable to see the "View" button next to the new faxes (to view them). How can I view those new faxes?

You can check them out either by going where the pdf files are, or, On the toolbox there's an options to open up the received faxes, and if you don't have it, then your toolbox is corrupted.

3) How do I check which version of Toolbox I currently have installed?
If you click help, where it says about, you'll find the version.

4) Has Toolbox support been discontinued?
No, It hasn't, We still have the hp support at 8004746836

5) The feature to delete any of the faxes is not available. I have read other topics that complain about Toolbox not having this feature... assuming Toolbox support is still active, will this feature be implemented?

To be honest with you , when the toolbox has missing features on it, It's better to uninstall and reinstall the software, however, There's an update that you could try from Software and driver downloads.

Further questions, feel free to contact me either at fabiovn7@hotmail.com or fabio.fernandez@hp.com, or just give us call at 800-4746836
Occasional Visitor
Homerpsu
Message 8 of 9 (1,012 Views)

thanks for the response. assigned 8 points since i haven't had the chance to try the solutions out!
Occasional Contributor
Avinash lewis
Message 9 of 9 (1,012 Views)

it woked for me the reset codes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.