HP Toolbox FX on CM 2320 (222 Views)
Occasional Contributor
Winston8619
Message 1 of 3 (222 Views)

HP Toolbox FX on CM 2320

[ Edited ]

I've installed the CM2320 on my new computer with Windows 8.1. I want to be able to scan from the scanner as opposed to running back and forth to my computer.  I used to have FX loaded, but when I updated to 8.1, it went away.   Does anyone have any suggested fixes to get it back working?

KJ

P.S. This thread has been moved from Printers – LaserJet  to  Multifunction and All-in-One. -HP Forum Moderator

Honored Contributor
John Getzke
Message 2 of 3 (195 Views)

Re: HP Toolbox FX on CM 2320

Seems like the software and drivers link is broken for the CM2320 as of this morning.  I cannot navigate out to the Win 8.1 area to review what drivers and applications are available.

Chances are that your Win8.1 is not compatible with the HP Toolbox software which is often what facilitates the "Send to Computer" functionality while scanning.  Most Win8.1 installs that I have seen have removed the useage of the HP Toolbox and replaced it with something else.  If that is true and there is no Toolbox then you will most likely not be able to scan documents and send/push to your computer,  you must start the scan from the computer and pull the documents instead.

HP Support page for CM2320:

http://h20565.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/public/psi/home/?sp4ts.oid=3597338

Kudo's appreciated : ) (The purple thumbs up)
Honored Contributor
John Getzke
Message 3 of 3 (194 Views)

Re: HP Toolbox FX on CM 2320

I found my way out there through some other misc. links.  As I assumed the CM2320 does not have scanning software available for Win8.1.  You must use Windows updates to download the scanning drivers only.  Any scanning applications beyond that need to go through 3rd parties like MS Paint.  3rd party applications will not be able to communicate with the scanner when it comes to the functionality that you want.  Those 3rd party apps can only "pull" scanned documents.

Kudo's appreciated : ) (The purple thumbs up)
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.