HP Solution Center error (652 Views)
Occasional Advisor
CA1257998
Message 1 of 12 (652 Views)
Accepted Solution

HP Solution Center error

I have a hp office jet 4215 all-in-one and when I use the HP Solution Center for the AIO functions, I get a message that the "scan.msi" file cannot be found. I checked the installation disc and its not there. Thus , I can't use the HP Solution Center. Anybody know how to fix or where I can get the "scan.msi file???
HP Pro
Raghu K   Russel
Message 2 of 12 (652 Views)

Re: HP Solution Center error

Hi William,

Please uninstall and try re-installing the complete software, and before reinstalling ensure that you run 'scrubber.exe' which ll be in CD and then install, if the issue still persist then again uninstall, run scrubber and then download the complete software and then try....

you can find the software from here, plz select the OS and then proceed..

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?product=351106&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&submit.y=0&sub...〈=en&cc=us
Thank you!

I am an HP Employee.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as Accepted Solution.
Click the Kudos star if this was helpful. Thank You!
Occasional Advisor
CA1257998
Message 3 of 12 (652 Views)

I can't reinstall using my installation CD because the software was updated from HP. I get a message saying that there is a newer version of the CD. Do you know where I can download the latest HP Solution Center software???

thanks
Occasional Visitor
Ronald Silberman
Message 4 of 12 (652 Views)

I am also having the same problem. It seems to be looking in a c:/hp/tmp.....for the scan.msi file to run the HP Solution Center. I have to keep cancelling the setup until it launches the Solutions Center. I have several scan.msi files on my computer but just get "The file '\Setup\Scan\Scan.msi' is not a valid installation package for the product Scan. Try to find the installation package 'Scan.msi' in a folder from which you can install Scan."

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Ron
HP Pro
Raghu K   Russel
Message 5 of 12 (652 Views)

Hi William,

You can download the software from the link in my oprevious message itself... Just select the Operating system from the list which is installed on your PC and you can see the download link for teh latest software.
Thank you!

I am an HP Employee.

HP Pro
Raghu K   Russel
Message 6 of 12 (652 Views)

Hi Ronald,

In this case I request you to download the complete software, you can get the link in my previous messages, once you download it, uninstall the existing software, run scrubber file(this file is available in the software that you have downloaded), restart the PC and then go ahead with installation of the software.

Thank you!

I am an HP Employee.

Occasional Advisor
CA1257998
Message 7 of 12 (652 Views)

Thanks for the quick reply

The uninstall program is not on my installation disk. Is it OK to use the "gr_unistal" found on the link you posted???
HP Pro
Raghu K   Russel
Message 8 of 12 (652 Views)

Hi William,

Plesase uninstall the software by goin g to Start > control panel > add/remove programs. once you uninstalled, restart pc, run scrubber utility restart PC and then go ahed with installtion of software
Thank you!

I am an HP Employee.

Occasional Visitor
RK3718
Message 9 of 12 (652 Views)

1.Insert the all-in-one CD-in to CD-Rom and Cancel any installation windows that appear.
2.Locate and copy the file scan.msi from software cd.
3.Paste it in c:/programs/hewlett packard.

Else double click the scan.msi file once you found in the CD.
Occasional Visitor
Irsa Valencia
Message 10 of 12 (652 Views)

Hello. i've tried to uninstall and reinstall the software. and is still giving me the same error message.
if you don't have time to uninstall and reinstall. i found a solution for this. the solution is download a software from microsoft.com

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;290301

You need to be cautious and selective in using this utility. Use it to clean ONLY entries which might logically be related to the problem "scan.msi"
Occasional Visitor
ksdachurch
Message 11 of 12 (322 Views)

I have an HPL7680 and have been having this same problem, but to an extreme! I'm getting HP Essentials, Solution Center and Status errors all saying it cannot find a temp file such as this: C:\DOCUME~1\HP_ADM~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\7zSF.tmp\setup\Status\. I have to go task manager to get rid of it and cannot use the Solution Center. I have attempted to uninstall and reload the software through the CD and also through a download from HP. But in the process of uninstallation, an error comes up saying there is software that needs to finish installing before the uninstall can proceed, but nothing I do works to get rid of these errors. Please find a solution to this problem!!javascript:postAnswerSubmit('submit');
Advisor
Wayback
Message 12 of 12 (322 Views)

To the caller with the L7680 I donot have a solution to your problem, but I am curious to see what you come up with, as I have a L7680 as well

Hope you get a response
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.