HP Remote Assistance - System Requirements (71620 Views)
Honored Contributor
John Getzke
Message 1 of 3 (71,620 Views)

HP Remote Assistance - System Requirements

[ Edited ]

Hello,

I recently contacted HP Premier Support for an issue regarding our LaserJet M525's.  During our phone session the HP rep asked me to share screens through the HP Remote Assistance website.

HP Remote Assistance:

http://www.hp.com/123

Unfortunetly the Remote Assistance service was blocked by my corporate proxy/firewall so we were not able to complete the screensharing.  This forced us to resort to taking screenshots and emailing back and forth until the problem was resolved.

Does anyone have access or know the system requirements to allow communication with the Remote Assistance servce? I'd like to collect that information and pass it along to our Network Admins to allow this service to work in the future.  The HP rep that I spoke with had no idea how to assist me in this area.

Ideally I would like confirmation on a list of port numbers, IP Addresses or website domains that we can set up exceptions for.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PS- This thread has been moved from Feedback and Suggestions to Multifunction and All-in-One category- Forum Moderator

Kudo's appreciated : ) (The purple thumbs up)
Honored Contributor
Michael Leu
Message 2 of 3 (71,601 Views)

Re: HP Remote Assistance - System Requirements

Looking at the HTML source the form points to "secure.logmeinrescue-enterprise.com" which seems to be hosted by LogMeIn. You should find technical requirements on their site.

There is also a alternative service: rooms.hp.com - perhaps this works better for you.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Navigation: Forum Site Map // ye olde ITRC Tree
@HP: please get rid of the Passport login timeout
Occasional Visitor
osvaldo_domingu
Message 3 of 3 (68,555 Views)

Re: HP Remote Assistance - System Requirements

Tengo problemas de señal dado que tengo servicio publico wi fi. el numero de consultya es 63959600 

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.