HP Printer using H-88 cartridges (7013 Views)
Occasional Visitor
mackeral21
Message 1 of 6 (7,013 Views)

HP Printer using H-88 cartridges

My printer (L7680) has broken (print heads not aligning), so I am after a new HP printer that can use the H-88 cartridges and print heads I have recently bought - anyone know which current HP printers use these cartridges please? Thanks

Please use plain text.
HP Pro
EricN
Message 2 of 6 (7,006 Views)

Re: HP Printer using H-88 cartridges

Hello,

I'm sorry to tell you, HP no longer sells printers that will you #88 printheads and supplies. But I'd like to make sure your printer really needs to be replaced.

1. I just want to confirm that you've tried the new printheads and they will not align.

2. Have you read and followed the alignment failure doc for this printer? http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&docname=c01325135&lang=en

3. Compare your alignment page to the picture in the doc, above, to determine if it is printing correctly.

-- If the page is printing fine, then the printheads themselves are fine and you have a sensor problem and you are right, the printer is done.

-- If the page doesn't look right, then your printhead isn't working correctly. This can happen if you didn't shake it according to install instructions, but if you did, then it may be defective. You should be able to get a replacement under warranty, either from your retailer or through hp phone support. But before you do...

4. You could also try several cleanings--checking the page that prints after each one. If the page looks good, no further cleaning will help. Repeated cleanings will use up some ink, so we normally don't recommend it, but if you're about to discard the printer anyway, it seems you have little to lose.

I hope this helps! Please let me know how it all turns out.

Regards,

Eric

I am an HP employee.
Please use plain text.
Valued Contributor
D Hook1
Message 3 of 6 (6,997 Views)

What are your plans for the 7680 if it isn't fixable?

Please use plain text.
JDE
Occasional Visitor
JDE
Message 4 of 6 (6,325 Views)

I have a K5400 and today it quit printing in black.  Replaced the cartridge, but now it will print in every color but black!

What's up with that?

Please use plain text.
Valued Contributor
D Hook1
Message 5 of 6 (6,322 Views)

Have you tried replacing the printhead?

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
FanLarm
Message 6 of 6 (2,290 Views)

So Many Different Cartridges. Such a waste of resources!

Why does HP insist on changing the print cardridge format on virtually every new printer?  My speculation is the creation of new demand for a new cartridge set whenever you have to replace a printer.  Just about money!  Not as if it already costs an arm and a leg to buy the precious liquid but to have to throw out perfectly good, new cartridges just because of a new printer model number?  Maybe there's a scientific reason........Who knows?

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation