HP Photosmart C7280 All-in-One error code 0xC05D1281 (1483 Views)
Occasional Contributor
Adae Albert
Message 1 of 3 (1,483 Views)

HP Photosmart C7280 All-in-One error code 0xC05D1281

During init the printer runs into "ink system failure (Fehler Tintensystem)" and displays the above error code. I did already the recommended reset procedures. This helped one time, but doing a "EXTRAS > print header adjustment" the error came back. What to do?
Honored Contributor
John Getzke
Message 2 of 3 (1,483 Views)

Re: HP Photosmart C7280 All-in-One error code 0xC05D1281

Adae,

Please see the following article from this blog:
http://www.ccl-la.com/blog/index.php/hp-photosmart-ink-system-failure-2/

The author states that the "Ink System Failure" error is causes by air in the ink feed tubes.

Try the steps that have been provided and let us know if it works or not.

Thanks!
(points appreciated)

Kudo's appreciated : ) (The purple thumbs up)
Occasional Visitor
Bcoil
Message 3 of 3 (1,148 Views)

Re: HP Photosmart C7280 All-in-One error code 0xC05D1281

My printer is 5 years old and was manufactured with faulty capacitors that degraded over time. In addition to the Ink System failure after being on for a few minutes, my Wireless radio stopped working. You can search the internet to find out about the industry wide problem with cheap capacitors in that era. HP should own up and replace the boards but they won't. The following is for those with a little mechanical and soldering experience. It is a simple job for any shop that can do electronics repair.

If you carefully remove the right end panel, held on with two screws and plastic tabs in slots, (gently pry and wiggle the cover) you can get to the board. If you remove four screws and gently remove the connections you can turn the board over. You will likely find 1 or more capacitors with a bulge on the top. Mine had 4 bad ones grouped together. I ordered new capacitors and replaced them. The cost was about $15, including shipping.
Two of the capacitors I ordered were 16V 330uF, and two were 16V 680uF. The originals were a lower voltage rating of 10V.

My printer is now working like new.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.