HP Photosmart C6180 - Printing in black and white only (831 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Maggia
Message 1 of 7 (831 Views)

HP Photosmart C6180 - Printing in black and white only

I have configured the default settings to print in black and white only, as a couple of the color cartridges are empty. However, when I send a print job, I still get a dialog box that pops up and warns me that I can only print in black and white because of cartidges being empty. I must click 'OK' in that box. Then I must physically hit the 'OK' button on the printer itself in order to complete the print job.

I have no desire to ever print in color. Is it possible to configure this machine so that I may always print in black and white without going through these extra steps every time a send a print job?

Thank you very much for your help.
Valued Contributor
William Saborido
Message 2 of 7 (831 Views)

Re: HP Photosmart C6180 - Printing in black and white only

You can try avoid HP programs from running (msconfig). You can either disable the Bidirecional Support within printer properties, ports tab, to supress info about the ink cartridges.
ST 8016881194-8017080337-8016770493-8017176509-8017223950
Occasional Visitor
Marvado
Message 3 of 7 (831 Views)

I have a similar question.

How to print in black only, bypassing color ink cartridges, even if at least one color cart. is empty?

I currently only have Magenta empty and black full, and printer won't print black.

Are there any modifications to the software, codes to be entered, any hacks to free the printer and print to "black cartridge only", as it says on printer properties?
Advisor
darktads
Message 4 of 7 (831 Views)

- if you have a VISTA computer
- go to Control Panel>printers>right on the HP printer icon and choose properties
- choose the Device Setting
- try to look for the option "print on black ink only"
Occasional Visitor
Jon Michaeli
Message 5 of 7 (831 Views)

I have successfully set up my PC to print in B&W only (as the default), but on my MAc, I have only been successful in doing so when I go o print each time. Is there a way to make this the default on a MAC as well?
Occasional Visitor
RebeccaWalker
Message 6 of 7 (831 Views)

I can't even get a single print in black and white from my Mac - can you tell me at least how to do it manually? Thanks
Frequent Advisor
crazy geek
Message 7 of 7 (831 Views)

Many of the new cue versions do not support printing in BACK UP mode (printing with a single cartridge). some of the old cue versions supported it but the new printers do not support it. thanks
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.