HP Photosmart 7520 Fax Setup Problem (3362 Views)
Occasional Visitor
mikethegoat
Message 1 of 5 (3,362 Views)

HP Photosmart 7520 Fax Setup Problem

Hello,

When running the "Fax Test" on my new HP Photosmart 7520, I fail the "Using Correct Type of Phone Cord with Fax" test.  I'm using the cord that came in the box, as recommended.  I've tried using a few cords of my own to no avail.  I've a telephone connected to the ext jack and nothing else.  Any ideas?

Thanks, Mike

Acclaimed Contributor
Dennis Handly
Message 2 of 5 (3,305 Views)

Re: HP Photosmart 7520 Fax Setup Problem

Are there two phone line connections to your printer, so you can daisy chain?  One for in and the other for out?

I had my 2410 backwards for a long time before I figured it out.

Occasional Visitor
Razor1570
Message 3 of 5 (3,165 Views)

I have a new HP Photosmart 7520 Series FAX/Printer and I have set it up.  The only thing is if my printer is on and someone calls in, even if I pick up before the 6th ring the FAX goes of with irritating warbling/ringing.  I have my answering system attached to my phone in the living room and my 7520 in my den.  All other phone devices are wireless in the house.  However, I attached the new 7520 Printer directly into the wall phone jack.  When using the FAX setup wizard I clicked on that I had an answering system and the fax was not on same line as the answering system.  When the Fax Test Report came out it said, "The phone cord is connected to the port labeled '2-EXT' on the back of your HP device."  It is not.  It is in the "1-Line" port.  How do I fix this?  I have even reconfirgured to tell the FAX wizard the fax is on the same line, etc.  I shouldn't need to attach my answering machine to the 7520 FAX/Printer do I...that's stupid.  Please advise.  Thanks!

Acclaimed Contributor
Dennis Handly
Message 4 of 5 (3,161 Views)

>I have my answering system attached to my phone in the living room and my 7520 in my den.

If they are the same phone number, you need to say they are on the same "line".

>When using the FAX setup wizard I clicked on that I had an answering system and the fax was not on same line as the answering system.

Hmm, I'm not sure why they didn't ask in one question.

(Perhaps they should have some pictures of some example configurations that you can just click on?)

But make sure you have the phone lines in the right ports.

>I shouldn't need to attach my answering machine to the 7520 FAX/Printer

No, you shouldn't have to do that.

Occasional Visitor
ARNIEP
Message 5 of 5 (1,764 Views)

I CAN'T FAX !! I TRIED PAGE UP AND THEN DOWN  AND WHEN I SEND ALL THE OTHER END GETS IS A BANK PAGE  I TRYED SCAN IT ALSOSAME HAPPENS 

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.