HP Photosmart 2170 All In One Printer--FAX & Scan Issues (142 Views)
Occasional Contributor
Steve F_1
Message 1 of 2 (142 Views)

HP Photosmart 2170 All In One Printer--FAX & Scan Issues

Hi
I am using this printer in wireless mode with an Inspiron E1505, and running WIndows XP SP2.I have McAfee Viruscan and Personal Firewall running as well as Spysweeper.

I can print with no problems, however, when scanning I can only scan one page. When attempting to scan the second page, I do not get a prompt to allow me to do so.
When FAXing I can only FAX one page. If I attempt to FAX more than one page the FAX does not send any pages.

I'd appreciate any assistance with FAX and Scan because this printer has been problematic for the 3 years I've owned it.
Thanks,
Steve
Regular Advisor
_marichelle_
Message 2 of 2 (142 Views)

Re: HP Photosmart 2170 All In One Printer--FAX & Scan Issues

hi there,

I think this is the solution to your problem.
Look for HP director on your desktop or go to start>all programs> HP> HP Director

To scan multiple pages, the setting must be enabled in the Director.
Follow these steps to check the scan settings and enable multiple page scanning:

In the Director , click Settings .
Click Scan Settings and Preferences .
Click Scan Picture Settings .
Click the Preferences tab.
Click Prompt for Additional Pages after Each Scan from Glass , and then click OK .

Goodluck!

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/genericDocument?docname=c01173416&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&jumpid=reg_R...
I'm sure there are answers somewhere. We just have to look at the right direction.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.