HP PSC 950 Printer Error Message: Incorrect Black Cartridge (541 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Brian Adams_4
Message 1 of 4 (541 Views)

HP PSC 950 Printer Error Message: Incorrect Black Cartridge

Our printer, which has always worked just fine, recently ran out of blank ink. We purchased a new HP cartridge and, after installation, it states on the Printer, "Incorrect black cartridge" inserted. I have installed many cartridges in the printer, so I know that I have the right cartridge and am installing it correctly.

No matter what I do, the message remains the same. I have also cleaned the printer carriages.

Any suggestions?
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Bob Headrick
Message 2 of 4 (541 Views)

Re: HP PSC 950 Printer Error Message: Incorrect Black Cartridge

First make sure you rare using a #15 cartridge, not the similar looking #45.

Clean the cartridge contacts as shown at the following: http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=bpa02060

If this does not correct the problem check the warranty information as shown on: http://h20015.www2.hp.com/hub_search/document.jhtml?lc=en&docName=bua02014

If the cartridge is within warranty then return it to your dealer or call HP at 1-800-HPINVENt for a replacement.

Regards,
Bob Headrick
(points appreciated)
{-- If this helped click the Kudos star.

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Printing/Imaging

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Bruce McNamara
Message 3 of 4 (541 Views)

My older Designjet 750C plus has a similar message. I get "Install Color Cartridges" when I choose color instead of mono. I've cleaned the cartridge contacts and print faces. I verified the dates are well out in the future - late 2004 or 2005.

Any ideas?
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Rudy_8
Message 4 of 4 (541 Views)

Bruce

Post an original query...do not tack on to this old one...follow forum rules (read the faqs, learn how to assign points, etc). Choose the correct forum as well.

If unhappy about this, try:

www.fixyourownprinter.com all brands forum
I do not need to know everything. I just need to know where to go to get the information.
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation