HP PSC 750 scanner failure (459 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Message 1 of 10 (459 Views)

HP PSC 750 scanner failure

My HP PSC 750 has been giving the scanner failure error since last summer. The scanner worked off and on for awhile then finally quit altogether. I had given up on it and just used the printer portion. I recenty found this website and tried a reset then a full reset with no results. Then you all made it sound so easy to clean the lamp and mirrors and at first it made me uneasy (I didn't want to completely mess up my 750), but oh my gosh not only was it easy but it really works. I did leave off the black cover, I may go back later and put it back on to see if it works or not but for now, wow!!!!
I used my scanner constantly and when it quit I was lost, thank you all so much for sharing what you all know. You probably saved me a chunk of change on a new all in one, again, thank you.
Advisor
Message 2 of 10 (459 Views)

Re: HP PSC 750 scanner failure

It seems removing black cap is really helping, so can we suggest HP to put it as a technical troubleshooting fact??? I would certainly need your suggestions on this, Amy. Thanks.

Regards,

Asrar.
Occasional Visitor
Message 3 of 10 (459 Views)

how to clean the glass?
Occasional Visitor
Message 4 of 10 (459 Views)

Cn you please send me the directions for fixing your PSC 750 scanner.

It sounds like you had the same problem that I am experiencing.

THANKS!!
Occasional Visitor
Message 5 of 10 (459 Views)

i have the same problem how do i clean the mirrors and lamp. can you send me instructions. this problem is driving me nuts i can't scan anything and the printer works
Frequent Advisor
Message 6 of 10 (459 Views)

Hi All,

Already a forum is there reg this issue.

You can follow these steps to resolve the issue.
How to clean without removing the bulb:

Take off the hood.

At the back side, on top behind the window, are two round holes. With a small screwdriver you can take out the two screws.
Lift the back side of the window and at the same time click the front loose (first left then right).

The window can fully be taken off by disconnecting the wire (there is a plug at the rear side of the window on the right side).

On top of the bulb and mirrors there is a black cap, you can remove it by putting a small screwdriver in the two square holes
(one at a time) and pull the screwdriver to the right, the cap clicks off.

Now you can see the mirrors and the back side of the bulb (at the back side there is a wire). Clean the mirrors and the front side of the bulb using a wet cloth (with your small finger you can clean the front side of the bulb, that looks down).
You don't need to remove the bulb!

Points Appreciated,
Sudhir
Occasional Visitor
Message 7 of 10 (459 Views)

thanks for the tip! ;-)

I remove the black cover of the mirror and error has goon!

para facilitar as consultas em português os passos a seguir são:

1º desapertar os dois parafusos que estão junto ao vidro. com uma chave sextavada e remover o vidro.

2º remover uma placa de plástico preta que está sobre os espelhos.
3ºlimpar os espelhos e não tornar a colocar a placa preta que foi retirada.
4º limpar muito bem o vidro pela parte de dentro.
5º tornar a colocar os parafusos e ligar a impressora.
6º experimentar a scanear qualquer coisa e verificar que o scaner renasceu de novo!

____________-
Obrigado a todos os que partilharam as informações.

José Carlota
Occasional Visitor
Message 8 of 10 (459 Views)

It seems the issue is definitely related to light calibration. I also, carefully dis-assembled the scanning mechanism, cleaned the lamp and mirrors and removed the black cover. There was dirt visible on the lamp.

The PSC 750 now works like a charm.

I hope that others are also able to resolve this problem themselves.

Occasional Visitor
Message 9 of 10 (459 Views)

This happened to me as well, tried to find the squared-holes for the scanner light, but my eyes found nothing. I removed the dust that's on the inside, cleaned the screen, not the bulb... yet, but where are the suqared-holes at on the scanner (bulb)?
Occasional Visitor
Message 10 of 10 (459 Views)

I just carefully removed the cover, cleaned the mirrors, reinstalled the clips and such ~ it prints, but now does not copy NOR scan. What now?
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.