HP PSC 1510 - how to stop printing alignment page? (1066 Views)
apl
Occasional Visitor
apl
Message 1 of 6 (1,066 Views)

HP PSC 1510 - how to stop printing alignment page?

I bought the HP PSC 1510 printer last week and had it installed a couple days ago. Every time I turn on the printer, it prints a page of this cartridge alignment page. How could stop this page from printing everytime (and make it on-demand if necessary)?
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Chandan Kumar_1
Message 2 of 6 (1,066 Views)

Re: HP PSC 1510 - how to stop printing alignment page?

Hi,

You can stop this through the following steps:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?lc=en〈=en&cc=us&product=428800&dlc=en&docname=c00473778

All the best!
Chandan
Learn. Share. Inspire.
Please use plain text.
apl
Occasional Visitor
apl
Message 3 of 6 (1,066 Views)

I followed the instruction to reinstall the cartridges, but this did not stop the alignment page from printing when the machine is turned on. These are new cartridges - any other ideas that may fix the problem?
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Chandan Kumar_1
Message 4 of 6 (1,066 Views)

Hi,

Open HP Director and click Settings. Move your mouse cursor over Print Settings, and then click Printer Toolbox.
The printer Toolbox opens. Click the Device Services tab, then Align the Print Cartridges.
In the next box, click Print Page. An alignment sheet prints.

once it prints:

Place the alignment sheet face down on the left-front corner of the glass. Make sure the top of the sheet is on the left side.

Close the cover and then press Scan. Wait until the alignment is finished. The On light blinks until the procedure is finished.

Chandan
Learn. Share. Inspire.
Please use plain text.
apl
Occasional Visitor
apl
Message 5 of 6 (1,066 Views)

I am at the Device Services tab and the options I have are 1) Align the Printer. 2) Calibrate Color; 3) Clean the Print Cartridges; 4) Print a Test Page; 5) Print Quality Calibration and 6) Print a Diagnostic Page. Do I choose one?

Also, the setup guide that came with my PSC1510 says to "Place the top of alignment page face down in the right front corner of the glass", not left. Which is correct? Is the top of the paging aligning left or right?

I hope these are the hurdles that I have to get over in order to turn off the unneeded printing!

As I am typing, the printer printed another alignment page just now... This is absurd!

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Laszlo Merenyi
Message 6 of 6 (1,066 Views)

I have similar problem, the calibration fails, and is repeated every time I start the system. I think a calibration paper should have lines with different colours?! However, my calibration papers have only blue lines! The cartridge and printing head is probably good: if I print a colored page, I see all the colours.
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation